• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

**Official** New Zealand in England

four_or_six

Cricketer Of The Year
Ian Smith with either Hussain or Atherton (who both have a propensity to underestimate NZ) are the best TBH.
IMO I love the three I mentioned. Good commentary, topped off by hilarity due to stories of their England disasters. Loved Nasser reduced to tears of hysterics in the tests.

KiWiNiNjA

International Coach
Ian Smith with either Hussain or Atherton (who both have a propensity to underestimate NZ) are the best TBH.
I glad you have recognised that. Thought it was just my kiwi bias.
Nasser seems to be particularly harsh on NZ. Ian Smith jumps on him, ofcourse.

Athlai

Not Terrible
How much did we miss Styris in that Test series? He was that player of experience who we needed in the middle to support the likes of Flynn and Taylor.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
I glad you have recognised that. Thought it was just my kiwi bias.
Nah. I find it quite cringeworthy TBH, really don't like it.
Nasser seems to be particularly harsh on NZ. Ian Smith jumps on him, ofcourse.
Yeah that's why I love those two with Smith, he's always standing-up for his boys. :laugh: Whereas most of the rest of the boys (Gower, Botham etc.) just leave it be and nod heads in agreement. But it's all so good-natured, never any "how daaaaare you insult my country" etc.

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
Since the 1st of July 2007 (basically after the WC).

McCullum has scored 644 runs @ 53.66 with a SR of 109.89 in 15 matches.
Dhoni has scored 985 runs @ 42.82 with a SR of 80.27 in 34 matches.
Sangakkara has scored 569 runs @ 31.61 with a SR of 66.62 in 19 matches.

I reckon McCullum and Dhoni are a lot closer than the overall records would indicate, considering the way Macca plays these days and how well he has opened.
It takes a lot more than 15 ODIs to change my mind completely on a player, though. Particularly one who has had a long career of mediocrity, and particularly when three of those fifteen games have involved some figure-inflating feats against Bangladesh.

There's no doubt McCullum has improved lately, but lets not get carried away with ourselves. A small period like the above should not immediately leap into World XI consideration or we'd see Symonds in our Test XI.

Dhoni's done it all for longer in a wider variety of circumstances and even you admitted Sangakkara was a class above.

KiWiNiNjA

International Coach
Nah. I find it quite cringeworthy TBH, really don't like it.
Same.

Yeah that's why I love those two with Smith, he's always standing-up for his boys. :laugh: Whereas most of the rest of the boys (Gower, Botham etc.) just leave it be and nod heads in agreement. But it's all so good-natured, never any "how daaaaare you insult my country" etc.
Same.

zomg!!!!11 I'm agreeing with Dick² :ph34r:

Nate

You'll Never Walk Alone
Mason. :cool:

Was sledging Wright to my mate for a good ten minutes pre-match. Wasn't left unsatisfied. :D

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
Ooops, almost reported the above post, hitting the wrong button. :ph34r:

Turn for Vettori, ITSTL. Good from Vettori bowling slowly at Collingwood.

Natman20

International Debutant
It takes a lot more than 15 ODIs to change my mind completely on a player, though. Particularly one who has had a long career of mediocrity, and particularly when three of those fifteen games have involved some figure-inflating feats against Bangladesh.

There's no doubt McCullum has improved lately, but lets not get carried away with ourselves. A small period like the above should not immediately leap into World XI consideration or we'd see Symonds in our Test XI.

Dhoni's done it all for longer in a wider variety of circumstances and even you admitted Sangakkara was a class above.
McCullum has always been good he has just got a chance now to prove it by being in a batting position not a lower order saver. I think hes just showing now what a lot of people have suspected for a long time. Of course I would choose Dhoni anyway but just wanted to make a point.