• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

**Official** Australia in West Indies

Jakester1288

International Regular
Thats a Test-best 4 for 41 for Johnson. He's come back very well after a poor morning. Australia have bowled West Indies out for 216 in 58.5 overs, which means they lead by 35. Poor stuff from the home side, losing six wickets for 49 runs in the last session. Chanderpaul stands alone on an unbeaten 79. Perhaps had he thrown the bat around with the last man in, West Indies could have got closer to Australia's 251. Never mind that now, we are moments from Australia's second innings.
Woah. Aus 0/13 atm.

Jakester1288

International Regular
At a summer job now so no idea how Casson looks. Hopefully I'll see some highlights later. Using cricinfo for updates. Saw the Marshall wicket though. That was soft.
Cricinfo3D is good if you have a fast computer. I have Cricketweb, Cricinfo and Cricinfo3D all on the same time.

(Clink on any of the links and it should take you straight to the Aus v WI game).

cowboysfan

U19 Debutant
poor windies.they had maybe a 5% chance to win this match but benson took that away.I think the aussies will get a big lead and this match over on the 4th day.

Debris

International 12th Man
Bit hard to judge Casson off one 6 over spell against set batsmen on a pitch favouring the fast men. He did look nervous.

Nice catch to get Gayle though

Jnr.

First Class Debutant
Is Casson the answer to Australia's spin woes?

Australia's next tour is to India. Is it ideal to have a spinner turning it into right handers? India's batting line up is full of right handers: Jaffer, Sehwag, Dravid, Tendulkar, Laxman, Dhoni. Those six might well murder Casson's bowling.

Brilliant catch by Casson to dismiss Gayle. No way in hell MacGill would've got a hand to it.

cowboysfan

U19 Debutant
Is Casson the answer to Australia's spin woes?

Australia's next tour is to India. Is it ideal to have a spinner turning it into right handers? India's batting line up is full of right handers: Jaffer, Sehwag, Dravid, Tendulkar, Laxman, Dhoni. Those six might well murder Casson's bowling.

Brilliant catch by Casson to dismiss Gayle. No way in hell MacGill would've got a hand to it.
why do you the aussies need a spinner to beat us @home.they didnt need one last time.

howardj

International Coach
He looks like a cheery, upbeat little guy Casson. However, he didn't really look up to the task. We must turn to McGain for India. Johnson, on a positive note, looked good though. However, he did dismiss an all-rounder, a wicket-keeper and two tailenders. So, we must keep a sense of perspective about his performance.

Last edited:

howardj

International Coach
Windies don't look half bad nowadays:

One world-class player: Chanderpaul

Two international-class batsmen: Gayle and Sarwan

One possible batting prosect: Marshall

One international-class quick: Taylor

One rough diamond: Edwards

I'm not saying that the Windies will dominate world cricket, but their predicament is a lot better than I thought it was at the start of this series.

NZTailender

I can't believe I ate the whole thing
I think the West Indies are doing very well tbh. Sounds condescending but given the circumstances of WIndies cricket in general, Lara's retirement and two of their better bowlers playing in England, they're holding their own very well.

howardj

International Coach
Just watching this morning, I think Brett Lee really needs a rest.

I would be inclined to send him home after this Test match.

Johnners

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
He looks like a cheery, upbeat little guy Casson. However, he didn't really look up to the task. We must turn to McGain for India. Johnson, on a positive note, looked good though. However, he did dismiss an all-rounder, a wicket-keeper and two tailenders. So, we must keep a sense of perspective about his performance.
Had several catches dropped off his bowling as well tbf, and he bowled at least 7 wicket taking deliveries, which is a noted improvement on the first 2 matches.

howardj

International Coach
Had several catches dropped off his bowling as well tbf, and he bowled at least 7 wicket taking deliveries, which is a noted improvement on the first 2 matches.
The dropped catches were off the tail-enders too, not meaning to be a smart arse. I just don't think he's currently up to it, unless there's something in the pitch. In my view, it would be a mistake to play him as our third quick in India. He's young though, so there's plenty of time and scope for improvement.