• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

**Official** Australia in West Indies

James90

Cricketer Of The Year
Would love to see Chanderpaul in there by lunch. I really hope rain doesn't steal the result of this match because it looks like a cracker at this early stage.

FaaipDeOiad

Hall of Fame Member
Well, average first innings score here is around 320 so definitely not a good score first up, but the Windies will need at least 350 to make a game of this. Australia won't bat this bad twice in a row.
Not that I disagree with any of that, but I don't really trust "average first innings score" as a meaningful stat. The same test wicket can vary a fair bit from one year to another.

Really like this wicket though, and the way this game is shaping up. So much better than the dismal crap from the last game.

Great catch from Casson too.

four_or_six

Cricketer Of The Year
9.5 Clark to Marshall, FOUR, sucks him onto the front foot, defending with hard hands, and the edge flies down to where third slip just was and it runs to third man, taking Marshall into double figures
9.4 Clark to Marshall, no run, on middle and leg, sliding down, defended to Jaques
Ponting yanks out third slip and moves him across the other side
9.3 Clark to Sarwan, 1 run, drives a fuller one straight back and Clark kicks it to his right, against a diving Jaques from silly mid-on, but ends up parrying to midwicket for a single

:laugh: Nice attacking field for your opening bowler then.

James90

Cricketer Of The Year
Think I'm experiencing Schadenfreude. Was really excited about Johnson as a test prospect and was right behind him a year ago. Now after a few failures I'm enjoying seeing him flop.

Sarwan gone as I type. Chanderpaul to ton up.