• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

**Official** Australia in West Indies

irfan

State Captain
Bryce McGain, but he's 36 or so and it appears the selectors won't blood a newbie at so old an age. He might still be a chance for India though. Haven't seen him bowl much but apparently his control is pretty good.
Don't know why the selectors are so averse to picking McGain Biggest non-selection for the WI tour. He was clearly the best domestic spinner last summer, and had very control and variation, in addition to being a leggie. I know he is 36, but what a lot of people forget is that he was a banker for quite a few years and so he won't be as leg weary as cricketers who play from a young age continously till mid-thirities. Age shouldn't be the issue here, as you should select your best XI regardless. I guess the main thing counting against him is that he's pretty poor with the bat.

Mr Mxyzptlk

Request Your Custom Title Now!
West Indies have handled better spinners than Casson recently, so I'm hoping they don't lose the plot in the coming Test.

Burgey

Surprised no one has commented on Symonds getting fined for missing the bus to training after sleeping in. It left at 10 am FFS.

One too many rums maybe?

Anway, good luck to Casson on debut - it's always an added bit of interest to see how someone goes at the highest level for the first time.

Gayle being back is also great for the game. Gayle v Lee & Clark could be a cracking battle early on.

Top_Cat

Surprised no one has commented on Symonds getting fined for missing the bus to training after sleeping in. It left at 10 am FFS.

One too many rums maybe?

Anway, good luck to Casson on debut - it's always an added bit of interest to see how someone goes at the highest level for the first time.

Gayle being back is also great for the game. Gayle v Lee & Clark could be a cracking battle early on.
Don't think it'll last too long. Gayle seems to have a real knack for knocking aggressive, ****y types down a peg, as he did to Shaun Tait in an Aussie A gave a couple of years ago, but against guys with less of an ego, he seems to struggle a bit (his troubles with Vaas, for example).

As for Casson, I'm with you; good luck to him. Hate seeing people here hoping for any player to fail, let alone a bloke who's done nothing other than be selected. I'll be a bit surprised if he doesn't take a couple of wickets.

Laurrz

International Debutant
Don't think it'll last too long. Gayle seems to have a real knack for knocking aggressive, ****y types down a peg, as he did to Shaun Tait in an Aussie A gave a couple of years ago, but against guys with less of an ego, he seems to struggle a bit (his troubles with Vaas, for example).

As for Casson, I'm with you; good luck to him. Hate seeing people here hoping for any player to fail, let alone a bloke who's done nothing other than be selected. I'll be a bit surprised if he doesn't take a couple of wickets.
lol interesting theory, add Bracken too
but whos the arrogant bowler in this case? :unsure:

btw cant wait for tonight because of news of the pitch.. should be fun.. tho lost time we secured a trophy with the next game being on a bouncy pitch things didnt go to plan

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
The West Indies have drafted a dire spinner into the team, then sent the opposition in. I can't see the logic in that.

Nate

You'll Never Walk Alone
Why? Will ton up for mine.

Also, don't know who it was who said that Lee should bat ahead of Casson (Corey maybe?), but you seem to be spot on. :thumbsup: