• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

**Official** New Zealand in England

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
Get rid of Redmond. His dad must be spewing that he didn't get as many chances when he played!

NZ should just pick Sinclair tbh. Pretty sure he could average in the 30s, which means he's good enough to make this team.

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
Get rid of Redmond. His dad must be spewing that he didn't get as many chances when he played!

NZ should just pick Sinclair tbh. Pretty sure he could average in the 30s, which means he's good enough to make this team.
Need to get that lucky crowd member to more of his games though... :p

Leslie1

U19 Captain
...we lose five wickets in yet another glorious collapse.
Yep I agree, except it would be more alarming because our lower order is supposed to bat like a champ this series, expectations are high, and if they fail, they will pay.

Martin especially.

Flem274*

123/5
Chris Martin to be 100* at the close of play.

Chris Martin to bowl 12 overs, 0 wickets for 120 runs when England bat next.

99*

International Debutant
Think Oram and Hopkins will bat well, Oram to reach 50, Hopkins just playing anchor. Oram will go not long after lunch and then we'll get skittled out for 20 more runs.

So without taking into account the (yet to be played ODI's) will Braces keep his job for the duration or will NZC get someone else in to try work with the team before the Aussie series.

Flem274*

123/5
Think Oram and Hopkins will bat well, Oram to reach 50, Hopkins just playing anchor. Oram will go not long after lunch and then we'll get skittled out for 20 more runs.

So without taking into account the (yet to be played ODI's) will Braces keep his job for the duration or will NZC get someone else in to try work with the team before the Aussie series.
Imagine 24 hour media coverage in Australia for Bracewell to make comments on.

Keep him, just for the media comments.

"I actualy think Warne was a chucker"

"James Marshall is a good batsman, he will score more runs than Ponting in his career."

Nutter

U19 Debutant
Enjoyed watching McCullum and Flynn bat last night. Let's hope Oram and Hopkins can soldier on and get some kind of a score. Oram and Vettori are due runs again.

Isolator

State 12th Man
Flynn, Redmond, Bell etc. = poop. I guarantee you, even Hopkins will be a more effective test batsman than these guys. Get Hopkins, Cumming, heck get Chris Nevin back, NZ will be far better off. Actually get ol' HJH back and all your problems are solved.

_Ed_

Request Your Custom Title Now!
I don't understand this hatred for Flynn. I opposed his selection at first, but he's impressed me.

Raghav

International Vice-Captain
Hoping for the unexpected. Oram and Hopkins putting on 100 run partnership and then Vettori scoring 80+ score with Kyle Mills contributing with a 50... NZ leading by 220 runs on the final day.... England Skilting for 160..

If this happens... NZ media will go mad. & even Vettori :)

Last edited: