• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

**Official** New Zealand in England

duffer

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Foxtel is dire
England's weather is dire
Rugby is dire
West Coast v Sydney or a replay of the Eels v Raiders game doesn't do it for you? Showing the French Open on 3 is totally understandable though.

99*

International Debutant
You'd think these guys have better things to discuss than the Shane Bond **** up.

Somerset

Cricketer Of The Year
Isn't Oram out already?

Staying up anyway, F1 qualifying is on at 5 and I won't wake up if I go to sleep, so I want something to keep me occupied while I wait, wouldn't mind, seeing NZ bowled out quick, then making a massive total following on. Of course, it'll never happen but I really don't want Robbie Deans as my avatar.:dry:
Hahaha, its looking a good bet at the moment eh 99*. ;)

I will be trying to stay up as well, with the women's French Open final at 1am NZT that'll be worth watching (hope Ivanovic can win that) and then Euro 2008 kicks off around 3 I think? Gee F1 as well...theres certainly plenty of options sport-wise.

Somerset

Cricketer Of The Year
For a start, I didn't know which set of rules they were playing under. One minute, short arm penalty when under the old laws its straight arm, then Carter is allowed to kick out of his 22 like the good old days.

McCaw MOTM for me, this man may not be a good captain, but he is a machine at the breakdown.
Have to say, after watching two-three Super 14 games each week and then the test tonight, that the new laws are so far superior to the old laws that they should definitely be implemented at international level. In saying that, given the horrible conditions tonight, for the first test of the season perhaps the old laws weren't such a bad thing.

Absolutely agree regarding McCaw, outstanding.

Somerset

Cricketer Of The Year
talking about the All Blacks - any opinions on tonights match? I thought is was a solid performance to start off against a determined irish pack and a referee who probably took lessons from that loser Wayne
Gee, get over Wayne Barnes!! The sooner we move on the better. The refereeing tonight was indifferent, admittedly, but you could hardly have asked for more difficult conditions to officiate a match in. Its not as if he cost any side a try nor made any outrageous calls in the final minute a la the Sharks-Hurricanes match in the Super 14.

99*

International Debutant
Hahaha, its looking a good bet at the moment eh 99*. ;)

I will be trying to stay up as well, with the women's French Open final at 1am NZT that'll be worth watching (hope Ivanovic can win that) and then Euro 2008 kicks off around 3 I think? Gee F1 as well...theres certainly plenty of options sport-wise.
I blame Richard for this, would never have Deans if he had the guts to try a bet without restrictions. :dry:

Well good sport day to stay up for, still nothing compares with the Test cricket, Monaco GP and the Indy 500.

S.P. Fleming

U19 Cricketer
Have to say, after watching two-three Super 14 games each week and then the test tonight, that the new laws are so far superior to the old laws that they should definitely be implemented at international level. In saying that, given the horrible conditions tonight, for the first test of the season perhaps the old laws weren't such a bad thing.

Absolutely agree regarding McCaw, outstanding.
But it makes sense, they cant just suddenly put in the new rules at international level yet because the northern hemisphere teams havent played under them yet. They are gonna play the new rules in the tri-nations as well as a couple of extra rules so that will be good.

I am looking forward to seeing the new zealand vs England battle switching around soon with the ODI series coming up and the two rugby tests.