• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

**Official** New Zealand in England

silentstriker

The Wheel is Forever
It's too hard for a fast bowler to get all ten, the spell would have to be long as hell. Or, everyone else must be bowling total crap. Hadlee coming close was amazing for that reason. Of course, he actually took the catch for the other wicket, which IMO, is ridiculous. If I was that bowler, I would totally understand if he dropped it on purpose.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
Time for light to stop play. Sunshine STILL blazes down outside my patio doors. Disappointing that there's still nearly 19 overs left tho.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
It's too hard for a fast bowler to get all ten, the spell would have to be long as hell. Or, everyone else must be bowling total crap.
Yeah, exactly. It'd need serious, serious events-conspiring-in-favour-of.

Mind if he gets the next 2, that could easily be arranged, especially with Martin being in there.

silentstriker

The Wheel is Forever
It's too hard for a fast bowler to get all ten, the spell would have to be long as hell. Or, everyone else must be bowling total crap. Hadlee coming close was amazing for that reason. Of course, he actually took the catch for the other wicket, which IMO, is ridiculous. If I was that bowler, I would totally understand if he dropped it on purpose.
Well now...he'll be fresh and ready for another spell tomorrow.....

silentstriker

The Wheel is Forever
Of course, six wickets is a long long way from ten, so odds are very severely against him, but still something to hope for :).

steds

Hall of Fame Member
Gower just mentioned that one of the stands at Trent Bridge is still un-named. Putting forward The JM Anderson Stand tbh.

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
McGrath got 8 (and the first 8 at that) vs. Pakistan, and I'd say Kaspa and Warne were bowling well.

Its possible.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
Of course, six wickets is a long long way from ten, so odds are very severely against him, but still something to hope for :).
Six is no more than the cue to start thinking about ten. It's got to be eight before you can start thinking "this is a real possibility".

Flem274*

123/5
There is nothing worse (cricketing wise) to wake up to at 4am than to wake up and find out Englands pathetic tail somehow reached 364 then James Anderson reduced us to 96/6.

I preffered my nightmare version I had tonight that we were all out for 180. This looks like we'll be all out for about 120.

silentstriker

The Wheel is Forever
McGrath got 8 (and the first 8 at that) vs. Pakistan, and I'd say Kaspa and Warne were bowling well.

Its possible.
Every wicket gets much much harder to keep getting though. Even eight is very different than ten, though the first eight is quite an achievement.

Isolator

State 12th Man
Englands pathetic tail
Sidebottom is more than capable and Broad has real ability, plus he gives me the impression he doesn't think much of this NZ attack. Not that bad a tail, and NZ have certainly done much worse before. Giving Jones a century last tour was infinitely more painful.

Flem274*

123/5
Reply to Leslie's small nation post: Not much of an excuse. Things get closer once player numbers are involved, not just population. Also if it was all on population the subcontinent would dominate. We are also helped by the fact that in NZ we are brought up to play sport.

I'm much more concerned about the technical flaws of the players than their talent. They're all test class (well, maybe not all). From the brief summary I heard on the radio it was the techniques. Population is just the excuse others use to patronise us.