• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

**Official** New Zealand in England

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
FFS, Isolator, don't become a Beevs and just pop-up occasionally to make 1 post slagging-off 1 player, you're better than that.

Isolator

State 12th Man
Nah this is about par for me but sorry anyway. Not getting this one on tv, so can't really comment much. Glad to see How scoring again, for once a guy I backed hasn't failed spectacularly.

steds

Hall of Fame Member
Anderson averaging 31 with the bat and 20 with the ball this series. Genuine allrounder. Freddie who?

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
Anderson averaging 17.2 in this series, fair bet for England's MOTS I reckon, and he actually deserves this one, unlike the shocker of an award he got V India last year (8-))

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
Anderson averaging 17.2 in this series, fair bet for England's MOTS I reckon, and he actually deserves this one, unlike the shocker of an award he got V India last year (8-))
That flatters him though. He was woeful at Old Traffford, for instance, but still ended-up with decent figures.

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
Ah it seems I made the mistake of thinking cricinfo's series stats wouldn't be updated til after the game. Think steds's 20 is actually the correct figure, still good though

Isolator

State 12th Man
Fulton unquestionably has more ability, but Cumming is a scrappy sort of batsman and I think NZ need more guys like him. That's the reason I said Hopkins would be more effective than Flynn and Redmond combined - because keepers tend to be scrappy, dogged batsmen ( at least that's how I picture them; not necessarily true). They need guys like that, not vague-looking guys like Redmond and Flynn (and Papps, and Fulton to an extent). I'm sure they do okay at FC level but they always seem to get pwned at the higher level.

Last edited: