• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

**Official** New Zealand in England

NZTailender

I can't believe I ate the whole thing
All the Kiwi CW posters starting a riot.

So the pitch flattens and we finally see O Brien, Martin, Mills for the kind of bowlers they are ------> Fill in the adjectives.

It's not like Broad and Anderson are world class batsmen here. Can somebody produce ONE good unplayable delivery and get one of them out please? And CATCH! .

This is mildly amusing if both of these batsmen are playing their shots with all hell abandon to advance the game...

This is getting close to embarassing for the Black Caps.
You're the epitome of dire New Zealand supporters.

Edit: not just solely because of this post, but because of quite a few others.

Goughy

Hall of Fame Member
This innings by England really does further illustrate the importance of depth in batting (as if any more was needed) and its role as plan b) to recover from a loss of early wickets.

Just wish we could find someone that could bowl a bit to bat at 8 :)

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
Is Broad suffering the nervous 40s here or what??? Seems to have been on 49 for about 6 hours

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
Not sure whether or not you're familiar with SW\BLE. He's a recurring nuscience who repeatedly duplicate-accounts. I was just hoping that your near-posting-ID-sake 204* wasn't him. :p
And WTF just happened to the site?
Did the site go down for a while?
There's been another database error - the problems still haven't been ascertained, so this will continue to happen.

TT Boy

Hall of Fame Member
All the Kiwi CW posters starting a riot.

So the pitch flattens and we finally see O Brien, Martin, Mills for the kind of bowlers they are ------> Fill in the adjectives.
Wouldn’t say the pitch has flattened out, Broad and Anderson played a miss numerous times this morning and the likes of Kyle Mills were still getting the ball to do something, only problem for New Zealand is that their bowlers were not consistently bowling in the right areas.

England have got a top total for mine, especially considering they were on the brink of being rolled out for nothing.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
Or maybe they're just scoring valuable runs regardless of what rate they're scoring them at. And Broad is clearly not just a tail-ender.
How valuable they end-up being will be seen at the end of the game. Obviously Broad isn't a tail-ender, but he's not a front-line batsman and seeing non-frontline-batsmen stay at the crease for long periods is something I find very dreary, unless the game is already in a critically-close scenario.

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
At the end of the day, runs are runs regardless of who scores them. The fact that Anderson, arguably the second worst batsman in international cricket, outscored four of our top six is a little worrying though.

99*

International Debutant
Good lord, still on 49*.

Any chance we could fly/drive Bond to the ground and either shave his head (replace Martin) or cut off some of Marshall's hair and replace Mills?

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
At the end of the day, runs are runs regardless of who scores them. The fact that Anderson, arguably the second worst batsman in international cricket, outscored four of our top six is a little worrying though.
Anderson's a better batsman than MSP for mine. Obviously, runs are runs - but as I say, I enjoy watching batsmen, not tailenders\lower-order-players, score them. I find it boring to see tailenders staying at the crease for an age.

Scaly piscine

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
After he won the last Test for you?
Absolute rubbish. Strauss won the game. Panesar bowled, fielded and batted badly for most of the game before he strung some decent overs together and NZ proceeded to play them like headless chickens.