• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

**Official** New Zealand in England

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
If this was top-order batsmen doing this sort of scoring I'd be fine with it, but FFS tailenders, you ask "what's the point?"

I'd so much prefer to see them bowling.

_Ed_

Request Your Custom Title Now!
If this was top-order batsmen doing this sort of scoring I'd be fine with it
Wouldn't really happen though would it? If they came to the second morning with two top-order players still there I would hope that they would be showing a little more intent.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
Wouldn't really happen though would it? If they came to the second morning with two top-order players still there I would hope that they would be showing a little more intent.
Possibly - was just meaning that I don't care about the scoring-rate if it's top-order batsmen, but tailenders it's annoying. I just generally prefer to see tailenders knocked over quickly anyway, so we can get on with the game. This applies any time in the game.

Wonder what Garry Sobers is doing in the crowd.

_Ed_

Request Your Custom Title Now!
How many runs have been scored in the third man area this morning? It's really frustrating.

TheEpic

School Boy/Girl Captain
If this was top-order batsmen doing this sort of scoring I'd be fine with it, but FFS tailenders, you ask "what's the point?"

I'd so much prefer to see them bowling.
Or maybe they're just scoring valuable runs regardless of what rate they're scoring them at. And Broad is clearly not just a tail-ender.

wpdavid

Hall of Fame Member
Did the site go down for a while?

Anyway, mixed feelings about all this. The runs are welcome, but it's all looking very easy and you can see us struggling to take wickets unless we find a lot more swing than the NZers.

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
Bloody hell. You don't expect to still be batting on the second morning when you're 86/5 on day one, never mind to have 330 on the board. Amazing turnaround

Leslie1

U19 Captain
:huh:

And WTF just happened to the site?
All the Kiwi CW posters starting a riot.

So the pitch flattens and we finally see O Brien, Martin, Mills for the kind of bowlers they are ------> Fill in the adjectives.

It's not like Broad and Anderson are world class batsmen here. Can somebody produce ONE good unplayable delivery and get one of them out please? And CATCH! .

This is mildly amusing if both of these batsmen are playing their shots with all hell abandon to advance the game...

This is getting close to embarassing for the Black Caps.