• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

**Official** Australia in West Indies

pasag

RTDAS
Shocking amount of no-balls from a spinner. Have lost count of the amount he's bowled in the past two matches.

Mr Mxyzptlk

Request Your Custom Title Now!
The stumping was out, never really any two ways about it... but hey, swings and roundabouts. The WI were on the end of enough in the first dig!
Those really are the worst kinds of decisions though. The ones where the technology is used and they get it wrong.

silentstriker

The Wheel is Forever
Shocking amount of no-balls from a spinner. Have lost count of the amount he's bowled in the past two matches.
Yea, his body has clearly given out, and his heart doesn't seem to be in it. It's quite sad because I really love watching him bowl. Gives it a huge rip, even now.

oitoitoi

State Vice-Captain
If Lee doesn't have another spell in him this isn't completely beyond the imagination with 2 set batsmen. Clark could be the only real threat left.

silentstriker

The Wheel is Forever
Those really are the worst kinds of decisions though. The ones where the technology is used and they get it wrong.
I think they have to change the criteria. In case of decisions where technology is used, the umpire should immediately give a decision of out or not out. Then the technology should be used to see if the decision can be overturned. If it is clear that the umpire was wrong, then the decision is overturned. If it is not conclusive, then the benefit of the decision should go to the on field umpire. So if he gave it out initially, it would stay out, and if he gave it not out, it would stay not out.

They use this method in American football, and I think it's the right way to go. The same should happen when the appeal system goes live.

Mr Mxyzptlk

Request Your Custom Title Now!
If Lee doesn't have another spell in him this isn't completely beyond the imagination with 2 set batsmen. Clark could be the only real threat left.
I can't imagine why Ponting would not bowl Lee again. Australia are more likely to win this than West Indies at this stage, IMO. The draw most likely, of course.

chalky

International Debutant
I feel quite sorry for MacGill. He deserves better than to go out like this.
I kinda feel sorry for him his performances these 2 tests have been on the Harmisson level of Brisbane, which is a very sad note to go out on, but must admit I did laugh when Ian Bishop said that no one would insure a short leg fielding for Macgill

silentstriker

The Wheel is Forever
You.... you love watching a spinner? :p
Yes, I love watching a spinner compared to normal time I have of watching a spinner. I don't compare it to fast bowling though. It's like I love to post on CW and I'd like to go out on a date with Jessica Alba, but if I had to choose one.....

Like that backtrack? :p

Beleg

International Regular
go fetch the ball, boy.

stuey doing his best to give west indies a fighting chance of winning the game.

stumpski

International Captain
I think Ponting will be giving this up if they don't make a breakthrough in the next four or five overs. He'll be able to do that then, I assume.

Beleg

International Regular
get rid of morton plz kthnx for next match

edit: loving it! would be amazing if chanders gets his second hundred. he deserves it after so many near misses.

Last edited:

howardj

International Coach
There are two ways to look at today's bowling performance, and this Test more broadly:

A} The pitch was the winner

B} This is a window into the future - with only two gun quicks, and no spinner of note.

pasag

RTDAS
Well played WI. I think I'm in love with Chanders.

Australia really haven't been great, to state the obvious. Hate to trump my own horn but I called for Johnson and MacGill to be dropped and now they've cost us this Test. Flat track hasn't helped either, but that hasn't stopped Lee looking like a million bucks. Our batting yesterday was really poor as well and we should have scored much faster to give ourselves a go at the top order before stumps, though a slow outfield and good bowling from the WI limited that. Full credit to the WIndies though.

There's been some very good cricket on display but nothing compared to the first Test and I think the pitch is the major factor there. Anyways, it's good that's over, I don't know how much more of staying up till 8am I could take. Need sleep ffs.