• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

**Official** Australia in West Indies

oitoitoi

State Vice-Captain
I'm not entirely sure they do all even out in the end...like in football how many penalties/red cards do Man U ever get? They actually have the record for the least, Barca have a similar record too. Why shouldn't it be the same for cricket?

Just a little inflammatory gesturing put in for good measure.

I wonder how many more runs Chanders could have made if he didn't keep running out of partners. He just looks like he could go on forever,

Beleg

International Regular
Bravo looked very much untroubled and unlikely to implode previously.
I disagree. Bravo looked completely untroubled against everybody except Lee in his current spell. It was fairly obvious that the swing was going to trouble him. I'd wager that Lee might have eventually picked him up, provided he mixed it up well. But we'd never know since he was given out wrongly in the first place....

Edit: Chanderpaul needs to farm the strike. That's his biggest weakness, IMO.

Mr Mxyzptlk

Request Your Custom Title Now!
I disagree. Bravo looked completely untroubled against everybody except Lee in his current spell. It was fairly obvious that the swing was going to trouble him. I'd wager that Lee might have eventually picked him up, provided he mixed it up well. But we'd never know since he was given out wrongly in the first place....
Of course the reverse swing was a new element, but not much suggested that Bravo was incapable of dealing with it. He did not look like getting out really. But then Bravo rarely does look like getting out after he crosses 20. He always looks more likely to get himself out than otherwise, but today he seemed to be keen on digging in and getting through the 40s.

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
Those were all not out's. Australia always seem to find a way...
:lol:

Before an Aussie fan jumps on me, I'm not agreeing with it, because I think generally (except for the Sydney test vs. India) Australia make their own luck through their awesomeness, but come on the post was funny.

Mr Mxyzptlk

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Edit: Chanderpaul needs to farm the strike. That's his biggest weakness, IMO.
I think he has faith in Jerome Taylor though, and there's justification for that. He's been a much improved batsman recently. Certainly he's more likely to play a stupid shot (Taylor) if he gets very little of the strike.

Beleg

International Regular
I think he has faith in Jerome Taylor though, and there's justification for that. He's been a much improved batsman recently. Certainly he's more likely to play a stupid shot (Taylor) if he gets very little of the strike.

You are right, he does seem to expect Taylor to use his head. We'll find out soon if it's justified in the hindsight or not.

Of course the reverse swing was a new element, but not much suggested that Bravo was incapable of dealing with it. He did not look like getting out really. But then Bravo rarely does look like getting out after he crosses 20. He always looks more likely to get himself out than otherwise, but today he seemed to be keen on digging in and getting through the 40s.
I think we'll have to agree to disagree here. For me it was obvious from the Lee deliveries he faced before being given out that Lee has managed to poke a hole in his confidence and concentration. The way he faffed at the wicket ball in itself is the mark of a guy who is a bit tentative and unsettled. There is nothing to suggest that he wouldn't have regained his confidence once he had faced a couple of overs but the initial tentativeness and break in concentration could have been significant.

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
102.1 Symonds to Chanderpaul, no run, outside off, the batsman pads up to it, and a huge shout is turned down, rightly - it was miles off

"Symonds must have thought it was Tiffin," notes an unnamed colleague

:lol:

Edit: Just saw Duffer made that joke.

Perm

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Haha, Lee is such a gun.

Feel bad for Chanders though, bastard never gives up and he doesn't really have much to work with.