• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

**Official** Australia in West Indies

Mr Mxyzptlk

Request Your Custom Title Now!
A bit late but congrats to Xavier Marshall on a fine fine innings. Few West Indians look so comfortable scoring their maiden Test 50. Got out poorly, but played beautifully before it. Starting to realize that talent that saw him dominate age levels of West Indies cricket.

sanga1337

U19 Captain
Wow Marshall got a 50 and apparently played beautifully... Didn't see that coming.

West Indies two best batsman in now and one of them needs to produce a good knock to get them out of trouble.

Jakester1288

International Regular
Australia will win with 479 behind them. The key is to get Chanderpaul out early. He is the real dangerman imo. Clarke is bowling well, 2-7, and he has got his bowling average down to under 20, which is the best in the Australian team. Do you think Clarke will get his batting average to 50 in his career? And what is it now?

Top_Cat

Marshall has looked exceptional so far. Has been so far out of his depth in every other match I've seen him in. Different player atm.
Although I don't disagree he has struggled, from the first shot I saw him play when I saw him in an Australia A match a few years ago, looked like he had that x-factor about him. Just needed some polish. Great to see him getting a run in Tests.

Jakester1288

International Regular
A bit late but congrats to Xavier Marshall on a fine fine innings. Few West Indians look so comfortable scoring their maiden Test 50. Got out poorly, but played beautifully before it. Starting to realize that talent that saw him dominate age levels of West Indies cricket.
Has he got out? :huh: I thought he was still in with Canderpaul.

Top_Cat

Johnson takes the new ball over Clark - Various Australian posters repeatadly bang their heads against the wall.
Along with anyone who's seen what he's sending down right now. Aside from Johnson being quicker, I can't see a defensible reason. That said, Ponting has a habit of backing guys even when they're not doing the job because he believes they will eventually come good and so far he's not done too badly so perhaps we'll wait this one out until the end of the series before judging it. It must just really suck to be on the outer with Punter, though!

Top_Cat

I think his average will drop during the England Ashes. Last series over there he played bad, but I want him to improve this time.
Aside from the brilliant 91 at Lords, of course.

He's not the same player as he was in 2005. If he struggles, I'll be very surprised.

Laurrz

International Debutant
Along with anyone who's seen what he's sending down right now. Aside from Johnson being quicker, I can't see a defensible reason. That said, Ponting has a habit of backing guys even when they're not doing the job because he believes they will eventually come good and so far he's not done too badly so perhaps we'll wait this one out until the end of the series before judging it. It must just really suck to be on the outer with Punter, though!
yep, Poor fraz..

we could potentially have the best new ball opening combo..only challenged by RSA where Ntini is rather inconsistent... Lee and Clark is brilliant...*sighhhh

makes no sense whatsoever... Johnson would be much more suited as first change.. he is naturally a really good bowler with the older ball anyway! no reason to put added pressure on him with the new ball...

/end rant

was happy to see Johnson got hit for lots of runs even....

irfan

State Captain
Damn it MacGill! Why don't you bowl a few good spells so you get selected for the India tour. Then you can serve up full tosses like it's nobody's business!!

pasag

RTDAS
MacGill bowling poorly, who didn't see that coming? Not his fault, shouldn't have been selected. Well done to Clarke though, such a valuable player.

Let's hope Marshall isn't a one innings wonder, looks frigging brilliant. Has Cozier written a retraction article yet?

howardj

International Coach
Subject to how they bowl in the upcoming tour game that follows this Test, would really like to see both Bollinger and Noffke come in for Johnson and MacGill for the 3rd Test match. With the tour to India being the next time we drag out the creams, we really need to get our 3rd quick sorted. Ideally, we'd give our reserve spinner a go, but Casson doesn't deserve, and nor does he have sufficient control, to be capped at this point.

Michael Clarke what a gun, best spin bowler in the country!
He made MacGill look terrible. And that says a lot about how MacGill is bowling at the moment. He has seemingly no control over where he puts the ball. Instead of his usual one boundary balls an over he bowls about five an over now...Even Pup was landing it in decent areas.

A great day for Australia, and more specifically Michael Clarke who has dealt with a lot over the last couple of months. To come back and perform like that really speaks volumes about his maturity and mental strength.