• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

**Official** New Zealand in England

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
Bloody hell, Strauss takes one off off-stump and hits it to fine-leg for four. That's the target down below 140.

BoyBrumby

Englishman
Typical Pietersen scampered first run. Hopefully the big fella can put in a match-winning knock to silence the doubters here.

weldone

Hall of Fame Member
I'm not bein able to watch this game live...But to those who are watching it live- Why isn't Vettori bowling himself continuously from one end? This is supposed to be a spinning pitch specially on 4th day...Is he tired?

99*

International Debutant
I'm not bein able to watch this game live...But to those who are watching it live- Why isn't Vettori bowling himself continuously from one end? This is supposed to be a spinning pitch specially on 4th day...Is he tired?
He's on now, was off most likely because Vaughan and Strauss were playing him well.

Last edited:

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
And possibly could've had an lbw there... but really it's the same as the one in the first-innings, might easily have been hitting, but impossible for the Umpire to see it clearly enough to tell.

weldone

Hall of Fame Member
He's on now, was off most likely because Vaughn and Strauss were playing him well.
I'd love him bowling from one end all day long...Then if England gets to the target, full credit to them...But since he's their only spinner, and a decent one, he should bowl from one end continuosly in this situation come whatever may...Specially when it's less than 140 runs remaining, he shouldn't take any rest now...Every over is vital...

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
Pietersen walking at Oram here - McCullum has to get up to the stumps, straight away. Can't afford to wait.

Manee

Cricketer Of The Year
I think that Jacob Oram has a lot of potential as a support seamer for New Zealand. He is tall and accurate and gets good bounce.

weldone

Hall of Fame Member
It's interesting to know what kind of field placing is Vettori applying to his own bowling in such a situation...Is he out and out attacking? or he's going with 3 men on the fence?...People who're watching could just tell...

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
Usually had three close-catchers when I've been watching.

But STILL no third-man to the seamers. Hope this doesn't end-up costing him.

weldone

Hall of Fame Member
Usually had three close-catchers when I've been watching.

But STILL no third-man to the seamers. Hope this doesn't end-up costing him.
Ya I too think that might prove costly...While he should employ an attacking field to his own bowling, I feel a good mix of attack and defence should be employed while seamers are bowling...

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
123 more needed at Lunch.

This game will almost certainly be decided, one way or the other, by Tea.

Will start to feel truly confident if we can knock-off another 24 without losing another wicket.

weldone

Hall of Fame Member
Will start to feel truly confident if we can knock-off another 24 without losing another wicket.
Even if they lose not more than 1 wicket for another 24 runs, they have good chances...NZ needs 2 wickets in a hurry...And then the balance will shift...Looks 60-40 to England at the moment...

_Ed_

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Even if they lose not more than 1 wicket for another 24 runs, they have good chances...NZ needs 2 wickets in a hurry...And then the balance will shift...Looks 60-40 to England at the moment...
I'd say 80-20.

Neil Pickup

As much as we've looked on top this morning, I can't shake the feeling that one wicket, leading to Bell-Collingwood-Ambrose, a triple that frankly scares me, will put the skids on us and fast.

I'd go as far as suggesting Broad as next man in if Strauss falls, to retain the left-right mix.

_Ed_

I'm going to turn my attention to tennis now, at least Marina Erakovic has a decent chance of giving NZ a win tonight.

But Sky's coverage is showing Federer's game instead. :(