• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

**Official** Australia in West Indies

Craig

World Traveller
IIRC, Parchment scored two hundreds in a game for Jamaica and was suddenly the next big thing as far as the selectors are concerned. That's really all it takes sometimes for them to get fascinated with a player. A teenaged Daren Ganga scored his maiden FC hundred for T&T a decade or so ago. He was drafted in to tour South Africa and made to play in most of the games. Who knows how much that damaged him...

Adrian Barath is 18 and nowhere near ready for Test cricket, but he's oceans better than Parchment technically.
Yeah Fidel Edwards bowled well to Lara in the nets and lo and behold he had a Test cap.

Mister Wright

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Unfortunately I haven't been able to watch any of the test due to not having pay television. Really is the only facet of not having pay television that I miss.

Have only been following cricinfo and what has been said in the papers. Have backed Symonds all the way, and I'm sure there will be people like me who after 'hating' a player or at least not thinking him worthy turning the corner and appreciating his contributions - in my case it was Michael Clarke. Always want to see him fail, but can now sit back and appreciate a really good innings and doesn't bother me at all if he scores runs.

Nate

You'll Never Walk Alone
Harby to be the driver caught on camera and sent down imo.
Nah, they'll conveniently be no footage found of the hit and will rely on the evidence of Matty Hayden who was standing on the kerb.

TT Boy

Hall of Fame Member
Forget talking about if Symonds is test class or not (that was discernable eighteen months ago) but the more important question is whether Roy is now good enough to get into the apparently famed New Zealand top order?...:)

HeathDavisSpeed

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Forget talking about if Symonds is test class or not (that was discernable eighteen months ago) but the more important question is whether Roy is now good enough to get into the apparently famed New Zealand top order?...:)
I *think* I'd take Symonds over James Marshall... Though they'd also be great Hair Rivals.

TT Boy

Hall of Fame Member
What about Ganga, he was a decent player IIRC.
Ganga is one of the worst test cricketers in the past decade given that his almost played close to fifty test matches and averages comfortably fewer than 30 (25) but Brendan Parchment is so bad he actually makes Ganga look and seem moderately decent. And to think Parchment was actually once a top U-19 cricketer.

If I was the West Indies I would open with Ramdin, scored some runs in South Africa opening and it’s now like he is doing much down the order nowadays.

Last edited:

Salamuddin

International Debutant
BTW, people disliking him for his role in the Harby affair are being really harsh. The guy was racially abused twice by an absolute prat - just unfortunate it didnt happen off the field where he could have beaten some sense into the Weed
Still repeating the old lines I see 8-). I love it how you make Harbhajan blacker than the devil himself whereas Symonds is a poor little angel who has been wronged. :laugh:

OK two things:
1) There is absolutely no proof that Harbhajan racially abused Symonds - so get off your high horse on that one. If Symonds admitted before Justice Hansen, that he couldn't be certain that Harbhajan did racially abuse him, how do you expect Harbhajan to be convicted ? If you're going to accuse someone of racism, at least be damn sure of what they said.
2) Symonds is no saint himself and I don't have a lot of sympathy for him even if he Harbhajan did use the alleged slur. He made some highly arrogant and provocative comments about India prior to going there. Symonds also was involved in several clashes with Indian players in that ODI series where he was clearly the provacateur. There is also no doubt that he provoked Harbhajan in that incident in Sydney.

Sounds to me like the Aussies want to have their cake and eat it too - Harbhajan alleges that the Australians taunted him about his ***uality - this is considered highly offensive on the subcontinent. SO let me get this straight - its ok for the Aussies to say that to Harbhajan but if Harbhajan uses a slur against one of the Aussie players, that's automatically unacceptable. :wacko:
If you're going to be nasty to someone then chances are they're going to be nasty in turn to you.
....its a bit rich to cry afterwards that oh we're the innocent party in all this.
As Gandhi summed it up nicely, an eye for an eye makes the world blind.

a massive zebra

International Captain
Why is Corey Collymore not longer in the side?

I would have thought this reliable old campaigner could provide the glue required to develop this raw, fiery, gifted, but often wayward young West Indies bowling lineup into a consistent threat. Talented young bowlers like Taylor and Edwards could depend upon and learn a lot from him. He is still only 30 and his Test match record is far superior to the likes of Daren Powell, irrespective of what the latter may have done in the second innings.

Collymore-Taylor-Edwards-Bravo could become an excellent attack IMO.

Last edited:

sideshowtim

Banned
Still repeating the old lines I see 8-). I love it how you make Harbhajan blacker than the devil himself whereas Symonds is a poor little angel who has been wronged. :laugh:

OK two things:
1) There is absolutely no proof that Harbhajan racially abused Symonds - so get off your high horse on that one. If Symonds admitted before Justice Hansen, that he couldn't be certain that Harbhajan did racially abuse him, how do you expect Harbhajan to be convicted ? If you're going to accuse someone of racism, at least be damn sure of what they said.
2) Symonds is no saint himself and I don't have a lot of sympathy for him even if he Harbhajan did use the alleged slur. He made some highly arrogant and provocative comments about India prior to going there. Symonds also was involved in several clashes with Indian players in that ODI series where he was clearly the provacateur. There is also no doubt that he provoked Harbhajan in that incident in Sydney.

Sounds to me like the Aussies want to have their cake and eat it too - Harbhajan alleges that the Australians taunted him about his ***uality - this is considered highly offensive on the subcontinent. SO let me get this straight - its ok for the Aussies to say that to Harbhajan but if Harbhajan uses a slur against one of the Aussie players, that's automatically unacceptable. :wacko:
If you're going to be nasty to someone then chances are they're going to be nasty in turn to you.
....its a bit rich to cry afterwards that oh we're the innocent party in all this.
As Gandhi summed it up nicely, an eye for an eye makes the world blind.
Please walk into some oncoming traffic.

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
Dasa! What an appearance.

Btw, still reckon the Windies will scrape this. I do have money on Australia, but wouldn't mind either way tbh.

A Windies win would just be great for cricket.

Mr Mxyzptlk

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Collymore has lost pace steadily throughout his career. He currently bowls at about 77mph. West Indies have chosen Darren Sammy (who can also bat far better than Collymore), for that role.
Are you seriously putting Sammy on par with Corey Collymore? Collymore is a vastly superior bowling. You seem to be implying that his only skill is bowling slowly.

pasag

RTDAS
Dasa! What an appearance.

Btw, still reckon the Windies will scrape this. I do have money on Australia, but wouldn't mind either way tbh.

A Windies win would just be great for cricket.
Not great for my hair or mental health though, tbf.

If they do win though, it'll be off the back of some excellent cricket and will be thoroughly deserved. Aside for some brainless middle order batting the other day over half an hour, they have been superb.

Last edited:

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
Not great for my hair or mental health though, tbf.

If they do win though, it'll be off the back of some excellent cricket and will be thoroughly deserved. Aside for some brainless middle order batting the other day over half an hour the other day, they have been superb.
Bloody cop a loss :p