• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

**Official** Australia in West Indies

aussie

Hall of Fame Member
If he shouldn't have played until 5 Tests ago, how could he be debuting now?
Wasn't Edwards debut vs SRI in 03 his FC debut as well given Lara picked him just on raw talent after he seriously tested him in a net session?

So literally over the past 5 years, Edwards has been learning his trade @ the highest level he should have been doing that in FC cricket & only since SA 07 has he looked a consistent test match bowler, but long may it continue for windies sake.

Mr Mxyzptlk

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Wasn't Edwards debut vs SRI in 03 his FC debut as well given Lara picked him just on raw talent after he seriously tested him in a net session?
No, he had an innings of FC bowling before he was picked.
So literally over the past 5 years, Edwards has been learning his trade @ the highest level he should have been doing that in FC cricket & only since SA 07 has he looked a consistent test match bowler, but long may it continue for windies sake.
I'm not arguing with your sentiment. I agree with it. I'm questioning your statement. Because you can only debut once.

Nate

You'll Never Walk Alone
Symonds and Hodge batting together funny for mine. So very different people. Symonds wrestles with pigs, Hodge wrestles with himself.

aussie

Hall of Fame Member
No, he had an innings of FC bowling before he was picked.

I'm not arguing with your sentiment. I agree with it. I'm questioning your statement. Because you can only debut once.
Well by saying
aussie said:
Edwards should have probably been making his test debuted right now
I was simply implying that he should not have made his debut in 03 given that he has been wasted in his first 5 years as a test bowler & now that he is showing the prerequisite
to be a consistent test match threat he should have only been now playing test cricket.

sideshowtim

Banned
Meh, the past is behind us now. Right now he's probably better for having 5 years of Test cricket under his belt as opposed to 5 years of first-class cricket. The Test arena is certainly a better place to learn how to play Test cricket than the West Indian first-class circuit.

Mr Mxyzptlk

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Meh, the past is behind us now. Right now he's probably better for having 5 years of Test cricket under his belt as opposed to 5 years of first-class cricket. The Test arena is certainly a better place to learn how to play Test cricket than the West Indian first-class circuit.
And in the mean time, to develop one possibly above average pace bowler, West Indies have had to keep a very poor one in an already poor attack. More harm than good? Perhaps.

aussie

Hall of Fame Member
No doubt, but its unfortunate he had to learn his trade @ the highest level. Thanfully for his & the windies sake he doesn't seem to be a mentally weak individual because a solid talent could have been destroyed.

pasag

RTDAS
Hodge gone, valuable partnership but still not out of the woods yet, really need Haddin to stand up here on debut.

sideshowtim

Banned
What do you want to happen?
Australia to win, obviously. I'd rather lose the 100 and see Australia win than gain 425 and see us lose.

I just thought that sort of price, considering the Windies position was too good to pass up...especially when you consider how dire Johnson and MacGill have been.

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
What if it was $1000 to win? Or $1500?

Just wondering what price is the limit where you'd rather the dough than the win.

I've only ever bet against India once, and that's the 3rd test vs. South Africa in 2006 when India were defending 200-odd (probably the time when I was most frustrated as an Indian fan). Despite having a lot of money on SA, I was cheering India on and wanted them to win.

I guess eventually there's a price where you'll rather your team lose, just wondering what it is for you.