• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

**Official** Australia in West Indies

Son Of Coco

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Dunno, seemed to be two pitches, the 'minefield' when we batted and the one the WIndies used, where they never really looked that troubled at all. Can't remember Chanderpaul having too much trouble in his epic innings besides the one or two times and the other batsmen who got out yesterday were to silly shots more than anything else. Ominous times ahead.
You could be right. I didn't see any of it, and was just going on what they said in review this morning on WWOS...which I heard second hand through someone else.

But I'll be damned if I'll sit here and let you tell me that what I read and the highlights I watched (where incidentally the wicket seemed fine) and the info I got second hand through someone else who heard something isn't the absolute truth! :@

Katich went to one that obviously hit a large gaping crack. Jaques couldn't have hit his with a whole fence. Ponting got one that, whilst disguised as a nothing ball, actually kept low as it seemed whoever it was that was bowling was actually trying to bounce it over the fence. Whoever the other bloke was that got out was bowled by a ball that may or may not have broken at least 8 laws of physics, proceeding to bounce noramlly and go straight on.

Mr Mxyzptlk

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Good point. If the Aussies win, he'll be read the riot act and retained I reckon. He's obviously still in favour because he's getting plenty of the ball and isn't conceding many runs. If they lose, Bolly or Noff might get a go (likely Noff).
Yes, but he's not conceding runs because he's barely bowling at the stumps. That's not drying up runs as much as playing the batsmen in.
What curse ends in 'tt'? Seriously, I can't think of one! I wanna know so I can use it.
Think faecal matter with an extra two t's.
Edwards should have probably been making his test debuted right now given he should never have played test cricket until South Africa 07.
If he shouldn't have played until 5 Tests ago, how could he be debuting now?

irfan

State Captain
Symonds, the key here, one feels.
If he gets off to a start, he can translate a sub-200 lead to an almost impregnable 300+ one, and in quick time. If he gets out early (and the umpire gives him out) then it could go down to the wire.

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Johnson has been the biggest disappointment for mine.

Seems to me that he's trying too hard to swing it when he should keep it simple - run in, hit the deck hard and aim at middle and off.

If it swings, adjust your line.

If it doesnt, bounce, pace and angle will make him a handful.

As it is, he's bowling more round arm in an attempt to bend it and starting it well outside off. Because it's not swinging, batsmen are then simply leaving it or cashing in on the width whilst the round arm action produces less bounce.

MacGill looks gone but he deserves a couple of games as he's been injured for so long and a drop here would mean back to square one for everybody
Frankly mate, why the bowlologists can't tell Johnson that is beyond me.

TBH, I just thought Edwards and Powell bowled some really really good stuff late in the day. I guess we all look at things differently, but ot me it looked like Jaques got a good un, while Ponting's was pretty good too - moved just enough, just late enough to get the edge. Katich was undone by late swing, but I do think his constant movements at the crease leave him woefully inadequate to handle that movement. As much as I want to see him succeed, it seems he's always walking on egg shells when playing in tests, and I wonder about his mental game at the highest level.

To me, Hussey's was the most disappointing dismissal, as it looked as though he simply played straight across a straight one.

Good though to see Powell bowling well. Reckon he, Edwards and Taylor have potential to become a decent test attacklong term, fingers crossed.

Still backing us to score 200+ and to lead by 300+. That should be enough, although did anyone else think the wicket played better today than yesterday?

Manee

Cricketer Of The Year
Johnson has been the biggest disappointment for mine.

Seems to me that he's trying too hard to swing it when he should keep it simple - run in, hit the deck hard and aim at middle and off.

If it swings, adjust your line.

If it doesnt, bounce, pace and angle will make him a handful.
Totally agree.

As it is, he's bowling more round arm in an attempt to bend it and starting it well outside off. Because it's not swinging, batsmen are then simply leaving it or cashing in on the width whilst the round arm action produces less bounce.
Going round arm to swing the ball in; "Quick Fix" comes to mind. Surely the experts in Australia should be looking at body shape and wrist position rather than "go round arm and you'll swing it in - sure you might lose accuracy, bounce and pace, but you'll swing it in...wow".

chalky

International Debutant
Edwards against Symonds a key battle towards deciding the result of the game.

Edwards had Symonds in all kinds of trouble during the 1st innings but to his credit Symonds came through it.

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
Alright Mr. Brad Hodge, everyone in this great state of Victoria rates you. I don't mind you, but you're very dumb and hearing your name all the time gets annoying.

If you're really worth anything you will score today. Let's see what you've got!