• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

**Official** New Zealand in England

Beleg

International Regular
The conditions are awesome for bowling. The english bowlers are serving up continuous rubbish.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
Yeah, pretty much.

A little worryingly, Taylor seems to be limping.

Funny, they showed the pitchmaps of Anderson (this innings, not the first) and O'Brien - they were very similar. Difference was, O'Brien was getting the ball to do a bit, Anderson hasn't. There's barely been more than 3 or 4 balls that have moved.

Manee

Cricketer Of The Year
Does anyone think that it is a defensive tactic to play the spinner with the wind and the fast bowlers against it?

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
Meh, certainly wasn't far away, but I don't think you can expect those to be given as a bowler.

Incredible number of batsmen hit on the pads this game, given the pitch, while turning, is not turning extraordinarily.

Manee

Cricketer Of The Year
I've noticed that Monty is getting 'stuck' somewhat in the crease during his follow through. Is this a real phenominon or am I seeing things?

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
Kinda glad Old Trafford isn't getting another international test match. This is a shocking sub continent-esque pitch.
England's play - bowling especially - has been far more shocking than the pitch for my money.

Some swing would help, mind.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
I've noticed that Monty is getting 'stuck' somewhat in the pitch during his follow through. Is this a real phenominon or am I seeing things?
He's bowling downwind, so the opposite should be true if anything. Will keep an eye on that next over though.

Jeyps, that was close, but outside the line, well done Darrell again.

Manee

Cricketer Of The Year
He's bowling downwind, so the opposite should be true if anything. Will keep an eye on that next over though.

Jeyps, that was close, but outside the line, well done Darrell again.
Lol. And he gets a wicket - shows what I know about spin bowling.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
Gooooooooonnnnnnnnnnnneeeeeeeeee again. MSP finally getting a couple. That's as out as out comes too. Kept low mind.