• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

**Official** New Zealand in England

Flem274*

123/5
Good night overall, even with those run outs. Credit to Oram for fighting to 38.

Well done O'Brien, shutting a few critics up.:happy:

Nice knock from Strauss also.

Felt England should have made more use of Collingwood tbh. Good to see Vettori give Redmond a trundle.

TT Boy

Hall of Fame Member
That's always likely to happen when batsmen go totally into their shell - pretty poor innings from Vaughan
Indeed, I know many people hark on about run rates and positive intent but England showed none today and duly are now staring down the barrel.

New Zealand has comfortably played the better cricket so far in this test series and unlike us, they actually look like they fancy it.

Leslie1

U19 Captain
Does Mills' bowling style really is suited to test cricket? I have no doubt he's one of the best seamers in ODI cricket, but aside from that 5-fer in Hamilton, he hasn't looked like even troubling the batsmen.

FBU

International Debutant
Does Mills' bowling style really is suited to test cricket? I have no doubt he's one of the best seamers in ODI cricket, but aside from that 5-fer in Hamilton, he hasn't looked like even troubling the batsmen.
He was bowling into the wind. :)

Raghav

International Vice-Captain
If you ask me, Mills is more of a ODI player than a test player. He is yet to make mark with ball in test cricket. His ability to bat & his experience earned him the test place ahead of Mason & other NZ speedsters.

TBH, I am not totally impressed with his bowling efforts in test cricket. However, if the conditions are ideal for fast bowlers, he fared better. Mark Gillespie will also feature in this list. He too doesn't seem to be a bowler suited to test cricket.

Athlai

Not Terrible
Franklin > Mills @ Test cricket

Mills > Franklin @ ODI cricket

Mills > the other seaming option in Test cricket

Franklin > the other seaming option in ODI cricket

It's all relative really.

O'Brien has done very well and should be shutting up all who give him some rather unfair criticism. While he isn't the best bowler in NZ he certainly is by no means the worst, good effort from the man, could be pushing for a regular spot if he keeps his efforts up.

Taylor was absolutely excellent, Mills also played a handy role, upstaging Taylor a few times with the boundaries in his knock.

England will almost certainly be praying for rain after Taylor's knock. Go get 'em boys!

S.P. Fleming

U19 Cricketer
very happy with the days play. It looks like weve finally shut-up the english press.

Taylors innings was an incredible knock, i see it as the coming of age for rosco and i think we can look forward to some big things from him.

I believe that Vettori holds the key to this match and his battle with Pietersen will be intriguing stuff.

_Ed_

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Bowled outstandingly well, did O'Brien. Never thought I'd say that, and if he bowls anything like as well again today I'll certainly have to review my opinion of him.

Raghav

International Vice-Captain
very happy with the days play. It looks like weve finally shut-up the english press.

Taylors innings was an incredible knock, i see it as the coming of age for rosco and i think we can look forward to some big things from him.

I believe that Vettori holds the key to this match and his battle with Pietersen will be intriguing stuff.
Your signature sounds very promising about NZ cricket...:)

HeathDavisSpeed

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Good day for Lower Hutt anyway. Taylor and O'Brien doing The Valley proud!

I'm hoping that O'Brien can keep up that standard and show that it wasn't just a flash in the pan. Bloody lucky to get Cook out though - there was nothing right with that delivery!!

Flem274*

123/5

I've said it before and I'll say it again: Looking at his posts, sig and username I think this guy is my long lost brother or something.:laugh:

Flem274*

123/5
Hoping for a good night for NZ sport tonight. Black Caps to roll the poms and Dixon to win the Indy 500 and I'll be a happy man.