• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

**Official** New Zealand in England

Craig

World Traveller
Is Anderson only playing because of Hoggard being injured? I think it is time England went the same with him as they have done with Harmison, if he is bowling crapiola all the time, piss him off for good.

wpdavid

Hall of Fame Member
Is Anderson only playing because of Hoggard being injured? I think it is time England went the same with him as they have done with Harmison, if he is bowling crapiola all the time, piss him off for good.
Anderson was picked for the 1st test before Hoggard was injured. But you're right, this sort of crap, and the frequency with which we see it, really should be terminal as far as his test career is concerned. It's his home ground ffs. he should be able to bowl here with his eyes closed.

Steulen

International Regular
Sidebottom's been excellent. Again. The rest haven't been wonderful, although Panesar's bowled a couple that have turned quite sharply.
Sidebottom's the only one in control of the run rate and in his first over he had a brilliant ball passing the inside edge, but other than that he's not been very threatening.

Leslie1

U19 Captain
I wonder if Redmond will be called on to bowl his spinners. Maybe thats why they decided to stick with O Brien knowing Redmond can cover second spinning option.

Steulen

International Regular
I wonder if Redmond will be called on to bowl his spinners. Maybe thats why they decided to stick with O Brien knowing Redmond can cover second spinning option.
He did get RTD in the game against Essex, so he must be a wonderspinner.

steds

Hall of Fame Member
Shocking leave. Left armer around the wicket = the ball angling into your stumps. Absolutely dire.

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
I'm kind of with you.

He's been absolutely terrible at international level - it has been painful watching him bowl. His action looks shocking. However, I have little doubt that he's a better bowler than that judging by not only his excellent First Class record, but match reports and RadioSport commentary of First Class matches. I've never actually seen him bowl well, but I'd be surprised if what he's shown at international level is it as far as his bowling is concerned.

All that said, I don't think he should be ahead of Mason, Southee, Patel or Gillespie in terms of the test selection. I don't really believe he's as bad as most (including myself) like to make out though.
Chance to impress, Ian. I'll definitely be watching with an open mind; let's see the real O'Brien.

James

Cricket Web Owner
No matter what happens from there, it's great to see the Kiwis putting up a fight after being completely written off by the English media and players alike prior to the series starting.

The Kiwi fighting spirit :)

Steulen

International Regular
First wicket to Sidebottom, unsurprisingly. Bad leave from Redmond.

Looked like Sidebottom didn't know he had bowled him because he appeared to be appealing for an LBW.