• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

**Official** Australia in West Indies

sideshowtim

Banned
Unfortunately, he appears to be one of those guys whose permanent chance has come too late
I think that's a pretty good way of summing up the whole situation. MacGill was a tremendous bowler in his prime, it's just a shame that his prime was some years ago now...It's time to move on, it's clear that he isn't improving and hasn't shown any signs of doing so for a couple of years now. We do have quite a spin crisis, so I think we should just pick Noffke...What's the point of having a spinner in spin-friendly conditions if they aren't good enough to exploit them (which is the current situation with MacGill) ?

pasag

RTDAS
The Lee of this morning and the Lee of now has been so different it's not funny. Earlier he was sluggish and looked really stiff and slightly lethargic, in the latest spell he's looked energetic and very lively and the results have been showing.

Laurrz

International Debutant
I think that's a pretty good way of summing up the whole situation. MacGill was a tremendous bowler in his prime, it's just a shame that his prime was some years ago now...It's time to move on, it's clear that he isn't improving and hasn't shown any signs of doing so for a couple of years now. We do have quite a spin crisis, so I think we should just pick Noffke...What's the point of having a spinner in spin-friendly conditions if they aren't good enough to exploit them (which is the current situation with MacGill) ?
I agree

TBH I've lost patience with MacGill... i just cannot see him doing well anymore...his deliveries are straight up and down with no drift really..he's spinning it a lot but its harmless, its very slow turn..just no bite to his deliveries