• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

**Official** New Zealand in England

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
Scroll down.

--> Abdul Aziz retired hurt in the Karachi first innings having scored 0 (team score 270/7) (hit in the chest from ball from Dildar Awan and collapsed and died on the way to hospital)

So it was a retired dead.
Yeah I saw that but the card itself said absent

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
Trust you to find that in no time :p

BTW Congrats on 8,000 posts Martyn, your best ones have been the ones expressing Chris Greenacre love, the rest well...
66 of them say Greenacre apparently, though a good number probably say Chrissy G and Greeeeeeeenacre etc

wpdavid

Hall of Fame Member
Either way, that's a shocking session. I'm off to bed, see if I fancy returning to CW for the second session.
I've only caught bits of it, but it looks like one of the worst sessions you could imagine from our pov. It's tempting to say that it couldn't get any worse, but I fear that's exactly what's going to happen. Credit to Taylor of course, but this is shaping up to be the most dispiriting English summer since 1999. It's bad enough that NZ batters are taking turns to boost their test averages against our so-called 'attack', but the lack of credible alternatives makes you want to weep.

wpdavid

Hall of Fame Member
NZ's session. If they are still batting come tea, then we're in trouble, given our top six's recent struggles to top 300, nevermind 400
We're in trouble already. This is by no means a road, and, if we ever do get to bat, you can bet that Chris Martin will show Anderson & co that there's better ways to make use of a bouncy track than simply alternating bouncers and half volleys. Given the forecast, we'll probably be saved by the rain, but we don't deserve to be.

Craig

World Traveller
So david your named as the new Chairman of Selectors and your selection is final, if any of your other selectors disagree, well they have their legs broken, what your perfect England attack bearing in mind the resources you have to choose from, if Hoggard is unfit, you can't pick him, otherwise go for it.

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
Yeah, am praying that KP is in form actually. Reckon NZ are gonna get to 400, thinking we'll need 500...:wacko:

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
Just saw Vettori's run-out, I missed it earlier. Haha, oh dear. Makes me feel a little better about how poor we've been actually.

Zinzan

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Could someone please explain exactly why Old Trafford won't be used as a test ground for the next 3 years?

Last edited:

wpdavid

Hall of Fame Member
So david your named as the new Chairman of Selectors and your selection is final, if any of your other selectors disagree, well they have their legs broken, what your perfect England attack bearing in mind the resources you have to choose from, if Hoggard is unfit, you can't pick him, otherwise go for it.
That's the truly depressing thing. Given the players available for this test, I'd have picked exactly the same attack. That includes leaving out Tremlett :based on his missing the
2nd half of Hampshire's most recent county game. Given the extent of Anderson's abjectness, there's a temptation to replace him with Tremlett next time, or maybe even Onions based on his start to the season, but I wouldn't be confident in either of them. next time out, if Fred or Hoggard are fit, then they play. If not, the same guys would have one last throw of the dice.

Unlike some, I don't blame the selectors for the current morasse of mediocrity. Primarily, it reflects the inability of the counties to produce the required quality of bowlers. Secondly, it reflects the laziness of too many of our professionals who can't be arsed to raise their games.