• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

**Official** Australia in West Indies

Top_Cat

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Disgusted Symo had a nightwatchman. It's not as though his place is in jeopardy; his position is very secure. All it does is shunt Haddin down to an acceptable place in the batting order and potentially leaves him stranded with the dregs.
AWTA. Wimp.

Laurrz

International Debutant
Disgusted Symo had a nightwatchman. It's not as though his place is in jeopardy; his position is very secure. All it does is shunt Haddin down to an acceptable place in the batting order and potentially leaves him stranded with the dregs.
i loved having Midge as nightwatchman :) normally its Lee... but ive alawys thought Midge has a sound defensive technique..could be an important nightwatchman in years to come... obviously not as great as the countless times Dizzy was a menace.. but we shall see :p

hopefully he sucks the new ball out for Symo and Haddin too

Haddin is class and u r right that i fear he will be stranded

pasag

RTDAS
Ponting :notworthy :notworthy :notworthy

Did it as well when we were 2/40, in a bit of a sticky situation. Hope Hodge pushes on tonight.

sideshowtim

Banned
Ponting :notworthy :notworthy :notworthy

Did it as well when we were 2/40, in a bit of a sticky situation. Hope Hodge pushes on tonight.
Yeah, I don't think you can underestimate the tricky situation Hussey and Ponting were in. Not only was it 2/40 with Edwards bowling very, very well, but if one of them were to fall and make it 3/40...you only have the relative inexperience (in Tests) of Hodge, Symonds and Haddin to come...So it was a very valuable partnership between Ponting and Hussey.

Mister Wright

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Katich should be very mad at one M. Hussey. Given Katich hasn't been a regular opener at first class level Hussey really should have been opening the innings. I know Katich bats 3, but would we see Ponting opening the innings? Would have to be an extreme situation.

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
Katich should be very mad at one M. Hussey. Given Katich hasn't been a regular opener at first class level Hussey really should have been opening the innings. I know Katich bats 3, but would we see Ponting opening the innings? Would have to be an extreme situation.
No he shouldn't. Katich was probably confident enough after making 97 in the warmup opening, that he thought he could do it in the Test.

Hussey shouldn't have to swap positions. It's only 1 innings so far, a decent score in the second innings and a couple of wickets would be handy.

Laurrz

International Debutant
Ponting was very lucky with that LBW shout early in his innings - looked pretty close.
yea i was watching highlights and was like ..geez lucky there...could've been EASILY given if it was another ump..50/50 call

goes to show how much luck is involved in this game...

Woodster

International Captain
Outstanding innings from Ponting, no signs of any lack of form. Footwork was good when he came in and he dominated from the off, put pressure on the inconsistent WI bowlers. Hodge also impressed, seemed much more composed than Katich, and his timing was spot on, potential for another three figure score.

May be some fireworks to come from Symonds and Haddin down the order.

Nate

You'll Never Walk Alone
Deadset worst post. What are we, like 350? Few quick wickets and a potentially awesome score turns into a merely decent one. Un-needed Symonds hate.

howardj

International Coach
Deadset worst post. What are we, like 350? Few quick wickets and a potentially awesome score turns into a merely decent one. Un-needed Symonds hate.
Symonds hate? Calm down champ. I was criticising his use of a nightwatchman- nothing more, nothing less.

chalky

International Debutant
Hodge gone to Fidel. West Indies now have a bit of an inroad. With rhe new ball perhaps they could get Australia out for under 400.

chalky

International Debutant
Close LBW shout against Symonds given not out, correctly, by Russel Tiffin.

The West Indies need those close LBW decisions at Aleem Dar's end as Tiffin has definately been a not outer this test.

sideshowtim

Banned
Patience seems to be the key on this track, so it'll be interesting to see how far Symonds has really come...Scoring runs certainly isn't easy out there.