• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

**Official** Australia in West Indies

chalky

International Debutant
Edwards given his 2nd official warning for running on the pitch - looked a bit harsh on the replay but one more warning he is taken out of attack.

Johnson looks very good this morning so far

chalky

International Debutant
Close LBW shout against Symonds given not out, correctly, by Russel Tiffin.

The West Indies need those close LBW decisions at Aleem Dar's end as Tiffin has definately been a not outer this test.
Scratch that thought Sammy had Symonds plumb there at Dar's end.

edit: just saw the replay too high good decision.

chalky

International Debutant
Johnson gone well deserved wicket for Sammy.

Looks like I'm the only one watching this match - are all the Aussie posters having a friday night out on the drink?

Last edited:

chalky

International Debutant
Chosing sleep over cricket :no: :no:

I thought you Aussies were tougher than that.

Anyway now you know how us poms feel during the Perth test match & that stupid 2:30 am start. Multiple time zones should be scrapped when a test match is on:)

chalky

International Debutant
Haddin gone for 11 trying to pull a delivery that was too full.

A well deserved wicket for the Windies they have bowled well this morning but for a bit of luck could have Symonds in particular 3 or 4 times.

Nate

You'll Never Walk Alone
chalky said:
Anyway now you know how us poms feel during the Perth test match & that stupid 2:30 am start. Multiple time zones should be scrapped when a test match is on
Gilly told the ACB that he planned to make a huge ton in one of the Test Matches. So they tried to be nice by scheduling it at a ridiculous hour, so you Poms could say 'Nah, didn't catch it actually, was asleep.' We all know you were all wide awake, crying, but at least we tried to cover for you.

Woodster

International Captain
Good fightback from the WIndies in the morning session, a chance of bowling the Aussies out for under 400. How they bat in the 1st innings is going to be very interesting.

chalky

International Debutant
Gilly told the ACB that he planned to make a huge ton in one of the Test Matches. So they tried to be nice by scheduling it at a ridiculous hour, so you Poms could say 'Nah, didn't catch it actually, was asleep.' We all know you were all wide awake, crying, but at least we tried to cover for you.
Was thinking more about the recent match against India when Australia where 5 for 60 odd early on the 2nd day - And I missed it:@

roseboy64

Cricket Web Content Updater
What happened to Collymore? Is he pretty inconsistent? I remember him bowling some great spells out here last time the Windies visited (or at least I think it was last time)
He couldn't buy a wicket and I think had a bad domestic season or something and was dropped a year or two ago. Still in contention though, somewhat.

chalky

International Debutant
LOL Brett Lee out LBW ducking a bouncer. Shades of Sachin Tendulkar against Australia a few years back.

Except this was the correct decision

TT Boy

Hall of Fame Member
Aus has at least 100 runs too many and the struggles of Roy and Haddin today just put into perspective what a great knock Punter played.

One suspects the West Indies will have bat well to avoid an innings defeat. Clark should be a right handful here.

chalky

International Debutant
Aus has at least 100 runs too many and the struggles of Roy and Haddin today just put into perspective what a great knock Punter played.

One suspects the West Indies will have bat well to avoid an innings defeat. Clark should be a right handful here.
Yeah still been a decent effort by the West Indies in the field for me. But for a couple of close LBW decisions could have got the Aussies out for a lot less. Only really Powell has bowled poorly & let the side down.

The West Indies batting will rely on Sarwan & Chanders, as usual, to get anywhere near this total.

chalky

International Debutant
Clark gonnnne - what a catch by Bravo.

I think everyone who follows cricket likes Bravo can't remember ever reading or hearing anything negative about the fella. Quite right too the guy is a champ.