• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

**Official** New Zealand in England

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
Chance to impress, Ian. I'll definitely be watching with an open mind; let's see the real O'Brien.
Iain, ain't it? Funny, have just noticed he looks extraordinarily like an old mate of mine from college with his latest haircut.

Reverse-swing already, in the first session of the game. Well, possibly. But certainly swing of some sort.

GOONNNNNNNNEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!!!!! Fantastic bowling. Just can't keep Sidebottom down at the merment.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
Iain, ain't it? Funny, have just noticed he looks extraordinarily like an old mate of mine from college with his latest haircut.
Actually just occurred to me, he's picture'd on CW, here. Can't really tell in that as his face is too small, but he's right below the fellow with the green top and the long curly hair.

wpdavid

Hall of Fame Member

Reverse-swing already, in the first session of the game. Well, possibly. But certainly swing of some sort.

GOONNNNNNNNEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!!!!! Fantastic bowling. Just can't keep Sidebottom down at the merment.
He's single-handedly rescued the session for his side. With a break coming up to come back for more.

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
Actually just occurred to me, he's picture'd on CW, here. Can't really tell in that as his face is too small, but he's right below the fellow with the green top and the long curly hair.
I know a girl who looks like Ross Taylor and you don't see me posting about it in tour threads on the first days of Tests across multiple posts. Move on. :p

wpdavid

Hall of Fame Member
I wonder whether Broad deliberately bowled those last two short & wide respectively to let Sidebottom have a go at Taylor before lunch. Smart cricket, if so.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
Will be very surprised if both MSP and DLV don't get a decent bag here, turning decently on the opening session.

Love Botham's descrition of Hair: "one of the best decision-makers in international cricket".

social

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
IMO, one of the biggest disappointments for Kiwi cricket in recent years has been the demise of Hamish Marshall. When he scored a ton vs Oz he looked an extremely well organised player who would be scoring stacks of runs at test level for years to come.

On the other hand, I have never seen his twin look remotely like international standard and god knows what he is doing in the team

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
Hamish Marshall's credentials were always poor, however. His short run of success was very much the exception over his entire career.

Leslie1

U19 Captain
So much for that. Someone to call him a "****** pretending to be a cricketer" and Leslie to defend him. Funny how that works.
Nope. Not gonna defend him there, that was as duck as you get. I thought Flynn was in next, but obviously not. (Went off to watch the coverage now back to painting).

social

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Nope. Not gonna defend him there, that was as duck as you get. I thought Flynn was in next, but obviously not. (Went off to watch the coverage now back to painting).
Vettori wants to give him an extended run at 6 before (hopefully) moving him up as he gains experience

chalky

International Debutant
Is it too early in his career to call Sidebottom a gun???

No! Sidebottom = GUN

Last edited: