• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** IPL match discussion thread

Laurrz

International Debutant
Deccan cant make the semis i recn now... Gibbs Afridi v v dissappointing.. Styris hasnt made any substantial impact either but he was cheap

Yusuf Pathan is so gun... such an instinct player

jeevan

International 12th Man
Listed the MOTM awards so far.

1. BRC vs KKR, B McCullum(KKR) 158 in 73
2. CSK vs Kings, M Hussey(CSK) 116 in 54
3. RR vs DD, F Maharoof(DD) 4-0-11-2
4. KKR vs DC, D Hussey(KKR) 3-0-35-1 & 38 in 43 (low scoring game, 110 to win)
5. MI vs BRC, M Boucher(BRC) 1 st & 39 in 19
6. Kings vs RR, S Watson(RR) 76 in 49
7. DC vs DD, V Sehwag(DD) 94 in 41
8. CSK vs MI, M Hayden(CSK) 81 in 46
9. RR vs DC, Y Pathan(RR) 2-0-20-2 & 61 in 28
10. Kings vs MI, K Sangakkara(Kings) 94 in 56
11. CSK vs KKR, J Oram 4-0-32-3
12. BRC vs RR, S Watson(RR) 4-0-20-2 & 61 in 41
13. Kings vs DD, S Katich(Kings) 75 in 52
14. DC vs MI, A Gilchrist(DC) 109 in 47
15. BRC vs CSK M Dhoni (CSK) 65 in 30
16. KKR vs MI S Jayasurya (MI) 4-1-14-3 & 18 in 10
17. DD vs BRC G McGrath (DD) 4-0-29-4
18. RR vs KKR S Asnodkar(RR) 60 in 34
19. DC vs Kings S Marsh(Kings) 84 in 62
20. CSK vs DD V Sehwag(DD) 2-0-21-1 and 71 in 41
21. BRC vs DC P Kumar (BRC) 8 in 4 and 4-0-23-3
22. Kings vs KKR I Pathan(Kings) 24 in 26 and 4-0-18-2
23. MI vs DD S Pollock(MI), 33 in 15 and 4-0-16-2
24. RR vs CSK S Tanvir(RR), 4-0-14-6
25. BRC vs Kings S Sreesanth(Kings) 4-0-16-2
26. CSK vs DC, A Gilchrist(DC) 54 in 36
27. MI vs RR A Nehra(MI) 3-0-13-3
28. DD vs CSK M Dhoni (CSK) 33 in 33
29. KKR vs BRC S Ganguly(KKR) 20 in 22 and 3-0-7-1
30. RR vs DC Y Pathan (RR) 2-0-19-1 and 68 in 37

- Initially it seemed batting driven, later games have seen more decisive bowling performances.
- Good sprnkling of all rounder performances
- The first few matches had the international stars take all honors, the Indian players seem to have woken up later (and partially, the departure of some internationals)
- Good to see Asnodkar, P Kumar, Nehra pick up their awards
- Five players have repeated: Watson, Sehwag, Gilchrist, Dhoni and then Yusuf Pathan

(Gambhir & Warne need to get their due. Symonds missed his.)

Last edited:

Arjun

Cricketer Of The Year
Chennai have lost both their openers, Vidyut for eight and Fleming for one. The Kings, though, are spraying the ball around a little, so there are a few wides getting that scoring rate over seven. The seamers are also bowling a lot slower.

Arjun

Cricketer Of The Year
What are your comments on Ashok Dinda? He partnered Ishant well, got a lot of pace (could even match Steyn and Umar Gul in the same match), gave little to free arms and was unlucky not to get a wicket. Unfortunately, after IPL, he'll miss top-grade action, as Bengal has been relegated to Plate league. He isn't very tall, either.

Arjun

Cricketer Of The Year
Oh my. Oh my. The four frontline bowlers of Kings XI Punjab are going for runs. And more than a few.

Who's the fifth bowler? James Hopes!

Arjun

Cricketer Of The Year
Ten runs in two..and then VRV Singh bowls one in he blockhole, to have Badrinath holing out to Yuvraj.

Arjun

Cricketer Of The Year
The Chennai team's win here was special, because they won without kingpins Hayden and Hussey, on the back of performances by Indian players. Dhoni was brutal, while Badri, a little less brutal and a lot more stylish. Balaji's hat-trick and two-in-an-over were critical, even if a lot of his wickets came off batting errors forced by an escalating asking rate- for he bowled well, even when he didn't get wickets. That they only scored 37 in five overs was only because the Kings pulle things back nicely.

In comparison, the Kings looked absolutely stupid out here on that belter. This team was heavily dependent on four international to score runs, and collectively, they all failed. Shaun Marsh was the only one to score enough, while the others couldn't even strike over 100 or go past twenty. One problem- lack of big hits- resulted in several- mis-hits, defensive strokes, root-footed running, bad shot selection. And yet again, they gave away too many sixes. Yuvraj was batting too low, and his string of failures is definitely related to a low batting position.

The Kings also need to get rid of Hopes, sooner than later. Dire.

jeevan

International 12th Man
Listed the MOTM awards so far.

1. BRC vs KKR, B McCullum(KKR) 158 in 73
2. CSK vs Kings, M Hussey(CSK) 116 in 54
3. RR vs DD, F Maharoof(DD) 4-0-11-2
4. KKR vs DC, D Hussey(KKR) 3-0-35-1 & 38 in 43 (low scoring game, 110 to win)
5. MI vs BRC, M Boucher(BRC) 1 st & 39 in 19
6. Kings vs RR, S Watson(RR) 76 in 49
7. DC vs DD, V Sehwag(DD) 94 in 41
8. CSK vs MI, M Hayden(CSK) 81 in 46
9. RR vs DC, Y Pathan(RR) 2-0-20-2 & 61 in 28
10. Kings vs MI, K Sangakkara(Kings) 94 in 56
11. CSK vs KKR, J Oram 4-0-32-3
12. BRC vs RR, S Watson(RR) 4-0-20-2 & 61 in 41
13. Kings vs DD, S Katich(Kings) 75 in 52
14. DC vs MI, A Gilchrist(DC) 109 in 47
15. BRC vs CSK M Dhoni (CSK) 65 in 30
16. KKR vs MI S Jayasurya (MI) 4-1-14-3 & 18 in 10
17. DD vs BRC G McGrath (DD) 4-0-29-4
18. RR vs KKR S Asnodkar(RR) 60 in 34
19. DC vs Kings S Marsh(Kings) 84 in 62
20. CSK vs DD V Sehwag(DD) 2-0-21-1 and 71 in 41
21. BRC vs DC P Kumar (BRC) 8 in 4 and 4-0-23-3
22. Kings vs KKR I Pathan(Kings) 24 in 26 and 4-0-18-2
23. MI vs DD S Pollock(MI), 33 in 15 and 4-0-16-2
24. RR vs CSK S Tanvir(RR), 4-0-14-6
25. BRC vs Kings S Sreesanth(Kings) 4-0-16-2
26. CSK vs DC, A Gilchrist(DC) 54 in 36
27. MI vs RR A Nehra(MI) 3-0-13-3
28. DD vs CSK M Dhoni (CSK) 33 in 33
29. KKR vs BRC S Ganguly(KKR) 20 in 22 and 3-0-7-1
30. RR vs DC Y Pathan (RR) 2-0-19-1 and 68 in 37

- Initially it seemed batting driven, later games have seen more decisive bowling performances.
- Good sprnkling of all rounder performances
- The first few matches had the international stars take all honors, the Indian players seem to have woken up later (and partially, the departure of some internationals)
- Good to see Asnodkar, P Kumar, Nehra pick up their awards
- Five players have repeated: Watson, Sehwag, Gilchrist, Dhoni and then Yusuf Pathan

(Gambhir & Warne need to get their due. Symonds missed his.)
31. CSK vs Kings, L Balaji(CSK) 4-0-24-5

Good to see the trend of MOTM being a bowler, Indian, non-star continuing (in that order for mine).

Laurrz

International Debutant
The Kings also need to get rid of Hopes, sooner than later. Dire.
His bowling has been getting tonked - im not sure why, i would've thought he would've been a tricky bowler to face.. being stump to stump..and he can bowl yorkers/slower balls... a shame
I guess Sangakkara will come in for him

Marsh has top scored for Kings XI 4 games in a row iidr..... amazing

anyways the points table very intriguing (Rajasthan, Chennai, Punjab, Delhi top 4 atm)... Mumbai and Kolkata, if they win, wow they will be v close to top 4...

Am in a dilemna, i hope Kolkata make it because of David Hussey but dont want Delhi to be shafted because of Pigeon... Chennai doing well has ruined everything :p

Last edited:

irfan

State Captain
SUBARU makes a very classsy fifty, and BALAJI takes a michelle including a hat trick. Absolutely frothing at the bit!!!!!!!

Feel like Nnanden after a Bracken 5 wicket blitz or PEWS after a Sinclair special.

It'll be awesome if these two make it back in to the Indian side - just for the commentators to try and pronounce their first names

Athlai

Not Terrible
SUBARU makes a very classsy fifty, and BALAJI takes a michelle including a hat trick. Absolutely frothing at the bit!!!!!!!

Feel like Nnanden after a Bracken 5 wicket blitz or PEWS after a Sinclair special.

It'll be awesome if these two make it back in to the Indian side - just for the commentators to try and pronounce their first names
Urban legend.

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
Shaun Marsh was AWESOME to watch last night. His crisp lofted sixes over mid-on are a sight to see!

Arjun

Cricketer Of The Year
His bowling has been getting tonked - im not sure why, i would've thought he would've been a tricky bowler to face.. being stump to stump..and he can bowl yorkers/slower balls... a shame
I guess Sangakkara will come in for him

Marsh has top scored for Kings XI 4 games in a row iidr..... amazing

anyways the points table very intriguing (Rajasthan, Chennai, Punjab, Delhi top 4 atm)... Mumbai and Kolkata, if they win, wow they will be v close to top 4...

Am in a dilemna, i hope Kolkata make it because of David Hussey but dont want Delhi to be shafted because of Pigeon... Chennai doing well has ruined everything :p
Once again, if T20 is harsh on bowlers, it's severely harsh on part-time and filler bowlers. Hopes is no exception. He's only got starts and not converted them, bar the first match, and he's no different from Yuvraj Singh.

Sangakkara is injured so he missed two matches. Hopefully he'll regain full fitness. What is the problem with Sarwan? He has struggled in this tournament, and struggled to hit the ball a long way, for someone who was once a top ODI batsman. I'm not sure Luke the Pom has a chance of getting a game.

Kolkata have a weak batting side. They were originally a one-man unit, and that one man going on national duty has dented them severely, though Dave Hussey and Saha are trying to rescue them. Mumbai have recovered well from those four losses ad their fielding has helped win matches. Sanath's form is a worry, but when he, Pollock and Tendulkar (when he takes the field) strike form, this team will be a frontrunner for the title.