• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** IPL match discussion thread

Flem274*

123/5
That is not a good excuse, a lot of Aussie players and WI players are leaving too but you don't see them dropped.
STOP PRESS

Leslie is actualy sticking up for Daniel Vettori!!!! (For those that do not know of Leslies opinion of Vettori, feel free to browse an NZ thread)

I might sig that.

Leslie1

U19 Captain
STOP PRESS

Leslie is actualy sticking up for Daniel Vettori!!!! (For those that do not know of Leslies opinion of Vettori, feel free to browse an NZ thread)

I might sig that.
On the contrary, I'm trying to suck out a reason from Chaminda as to why he is dropped other than the leaving early theory. :laugh:

It'll make me feel less lonely bashing him.

pasag

RTDAS
So you acknowledge the bowling problem and suggest getting rid of one of the most effective Twenty20 bowlers?

Gilchrist is by a distance the man to go. His performances have been falling away for a while and he's done little so far.
Yeah, you're right. Afridi's bowling is often overlooked so as I said, Gilchrist would probably be the one to go for now although with Symonds leaving soon that may sort itself out.

chaminda_00

Hall of Fame Member
On the contrary, I'm trying to suck out a reason from Chaminda as to why he is dropped other than the leaving early theory. :laugh:

It'll make me feel less lonely bashing him.
Actually I think Delhi is side that said they wanted to play an all Asian side, so thats probably the actually reason. They had this big thing about only playing Pakistan and Sri Lankan players as there overseas players. But if Vettori was as good as McGrath then he might have played.

I'll try and find the article if you want, but I'm pretty sure that would be reason. Dilshan probably would have played ahead of him as well if he wasn't on a plane back from the West Indies.

EDIT: AB Di Villers is India now and Malik got picked ahead of him. I think that is enough proof there.

Last edited:

Manee

Cricketer Of The Year
VRV Singh bowled well today. He gets massively steep bounce, it is quite extraordinary. I'd like to see him bowl more often in the 140kph area though, but it would seem that the pace of the four Punjab fast bowlers were all down today.

chaminda_00

Hall of Fame Member
If that is the case why fork out 700 000 + for Vettori at the auction?
I guess in case Maharoof and Asif got injured. Both had some injuries clouds over them when they were picked up. They also got their preferred Pakistan/Sri Lanka players fairly cheap, so they would have had money to spend.

chaminda_00

Hall of Fame Member
Was surprised when Katich was selected ahead of Sarwan and then an opener ahead of Shaun Marsh, considering he is ahead if him in the Australian limited overs pecking order. But at the end of day you can't keep a good man down. Qualiy stuff from Katich.

**** gets out as I post.

Scaly piscine

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Deccan Chargers fielding, probably decided that it doesn't matter how many they score going first their bowling will botch it.