• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

A.F.L Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Johnners

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
BTW, you should win by about 700 this week Jono. I forgot to trade in a new backline player for Harry Taylor, and with Kennelly pulling out at the last minute, I've basically only got 6 backmen. That's not helped by the fact that Gram, Mundy & Ryder have hardly racked any DT points.

Mr Casson

Cricketer Of The Year
BTW, you should win by about 700 this week Jono. I forgot to trade in a new backline player for Harry Taylor, and with Kennelly pulling out at the last minute, I've basically only got 6 backmen. That's not helped by the fact that Gram, Mundy & Ryder have hardly racked any DT points.
Was gutted about Ryder, he was so good in the first half, looked set for 80+ and then died.

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
You're better off saving your trades, and launching come finals.

Don't waste your trades in automatic loss matches like when you play me. :p ;)

Last edited:

Johnners

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Nah, I need to do a trade or 2 in my backline, they've all been ****.

Awesome game tonight. Gutted that we lost, and how poor Brown was, but we can't really expect him to win every game for us. He didn't exactly get the greatest of service either though. Franklin is a freak show though, unstoppable really, looks set for a 100 goal year.

Hoggy31

International Captain
Insane game tonight, thought the better team won (to pull out a cliche). Can see everyone getting up in arms over that bounce, forgetting the ridiculous free against Thompson which cost Grant a goal (Johnson wasn't even in the contest and the unavoidable, accidental contact was made after Grant had marked anyway) and the 2 dodgy bounces that went Collingwood's way earlier. Nice full nelson hold on Harvey which led to Didak getting the chance to win it. Krakouer twins were awesome, Wells stepping up, Harding his best game ever, Boomer terrific as always and everyone contributing was good to see. Sinclair, Gibbo and Swallow to come back into the side still.. Top 4, imo.

mikeW

International Vice-Captain
Kangas won't make top 4, they are still pretty average. Pies are massively overrated....

cameeel

International Captain
Going to the game today, I reckon we're a chance if Neitz has his annual good game today and Bailey stops playing Bruce in the back pocket.

Besides, I'm due to go to a winning game, the last time I saw the Demons win was when we beat St. Kilda in an Elimination Final a few years back.

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
That was a gun match.

I reckon its about time Brock McLean actually uses his talent like he did in that 2006 elim. final.

irfan

State Captain
Shizer. Had exams and all that jazz so forgot to tip this week. Does that mean I get all away games ? cameel ?

Nate

You'll Never Walk Alone
How awesome was teh Fev? Such a gun. Will pay $$$ for a picture of him taking on the four Demons boys.

dontcloseyoureyes

BARNES OUT
WIll lose in DT, Pav, Brown, O'Keefe all had quiet ones, Kennelly pulled out late with no scoring reserve on the bench thanks to Selwood being dropped.

Josh

International Regular
Happy with a draw. Didn't think we'd get close to the Bullies; however apparently we were a fair way in front in the last... oh well!

Status
Not open for further replies.