• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

**Official** New Zealand in England

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
How and Taylor will cotinue their solid form, James Marshall willl be the suprise with the bat, every other batsman will probably be dropped after the tour.

Tim Southee will be solid all series and will take 5w one. Mills and Martin will be inconsistant at times whilst Vettori will be at his usual best.
Best poster.
I'm wondering whether we don't have

striking again TBH. Just a guess on this occasion tho.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
There's an interesting bit at the end of the interview with Vaughan on cricinfo where he makes it sound definite that he & Strauss will swap batting positions, as he prefers batting at 3 and Strauss prefers opening. He didn't go on to explain why that didn't happen in NZ though.

Mind, there couldn't really be a satisfactory explanation for Strauss and Vaughan batting the wrong way around in NZ, so I'm not expecting them to try and give one. I don't expect people to go bandying-about "we made a mistake now we're trying to rectify it" (that being what I believe to be the case) for a number of reasons.

Let's just hope expectations are fulfilled though.

Days of Grace

International Captain

Bahnz

Hall of Fame Member
Seriously, every time I will see Bond talking 5WI, my heart will weep. What could have been...

But what might be, if the ICC recognises the ICL?
Never gonna happen without a court order forcing them to do so. Even if such a decision was forthcoming, it would probably taking years to achieve, by which point Bond would be long past his use by date. I think it's time that everyone accepted it and moved on. He's gooooooooooooooooooooooooooooone...

Last edited:

Leslie1

U19 Captain
No !!! I WILL NEVER ACCEPT THIS FACT!!! HE WILL BE BACK... The fearsome Black Caps bowling attack will carry him even when he's 40 years old. HE WILL BE BACK!

Ok. That aside... Anyone able to tell me where I can keep up to date with the 'meaningless' tour matches? I get this feeling I'd rather follow that than IPL.

HeathDavisSpeed

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Interesting. Does anyone know which one is the ODI and which is the Twenty20? Hope the red is the ODI, the one Colly's wearing looks a bit rubbish to me.
I think Ian Bell's modelling the children's sizes, but other than that, I have no idea.

BC_fan_abored

School Boy/Girl Captain
it doesn't matter what the colour of the english kits are there'll all end up the shade of the turf as they slide to stop all the new zealand boundries8-)

also shamefully i share the same complete inability to look the facts in the face in respect to bond. the master must return

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
Pretty sure the red is the T20 actually. Hope so as I want to buy the ODI shirt but the red one looks too much like a ****in Liverpool shirt

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
Interesting. Does anyone know which one is the ODI and which is the Twenty20? Hope the red is the ODI, the one Colly's wearing looks a bit rubbish to me.
I imagine it's
Collingwood - ODI
Sidebottom - Test
Pietersen - training
Bell - training

I'm struggling to see what the difference between Bell and Pietersen's kit is. :unsure:

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
No Rich, it is definitely a Test, ODI and T20, don't think a training top has been released yet

Somerset

Cricketer Of The Year
Can't say the new English kits are particularly appealing, at least NZ had its fashion crisis 20-odd years ago. :p

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
No Rich, it is definitely a Test, ODI and T20, don't think a training top has been released yet
So we're going to be playing Twenty20 Internationals in red? Not that I watch 'em obviously, but - blimey. :mellow:

The ODI kit's hardly "new" BTW - it's near enough an exact replica of the 2002 design.

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
Aye, similar design to previous designs the ODI one, the test one is never going to be groundbreaking. The T20 though, shocking stuff, as I said, horribly similar to a Liverpool kit :@