• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** South Africa in India

Craig

World Traveller
AWTA.

Can a mod come in and tell Raghav to pull his/her head in?

Meanwhile Graeme Smith is taking the India's bowling attack to the cleaners, so he must be looking at the prospect of having a chance of winnings this game. If I were Kumble (and obviously I'm not) and this keeps on going, I'd be tempted to bring myself or Harbhajan on.
I called it.

Raghav

International Vice-Captain
Yep. Still long way to go in this match.. SAF should bat sensibly enough at this stage

adharcric

International Coach
But is Sreesanth much better? The highlights I saw of him in the first innings looked good, but he has looked similarly toothless in his first 4 overs. Steyn showed that reverse swing is an effective form of attack on these abrasive pitches, so maybe Munaf Patel would be a good option. It is a shame that our only exponent of reverse swing comes with such a risk attached.
Munaf isn't really the Munaf that was so menacing with his reverse swing a year or so ago. He's been pretty good lately though so he's worth a shot. Still, Sreesanth's shown enough to get another shot for me, especially since VRV himself is a risky option.

Raghav

Munaf isn't really the Munaf that was so menacing with his reverse swing a year or so ago. He's been pretty good lately though so he's worth a shot. Still, Sreesanth's shown enough to get another shot for me, especially since VRV himself is a risky option.
VRV Singh is not consistent bowler when compared Munaf and Sreesanth. Munaf is a good find for India IMO. Sreesanth on the other hand, I like his aggression which a fast bowler needs it to maintain his energy levels.

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
wow... this pitch is in fact a bad one. I honestly expected it to take turn around days 4 and 5 but this is a real disgrace......... Maybe the unseasonal rainfall for about 10 days played its part but this is unacceptable. Leave a bit of grass on, convince Kumble to play Pathan instead of one of the batters and we will still have a winning combination, as far as I am concerned......

silentstriker

The Wheel is Forever
Fantastic day by South Africa. Didn't think we'd fall apart like that - tomorrow should be a great day. SA to put in India with a lead of 250?

ret

International Debutant
Dumb cricket by the Indians .... It's all Sehwag show so far for Ind, take his performance out and the Indian performance sucks

The bowlers dished crap, the batsmen batted stupidly .... I hate the concept of the big 4. there is nothing big in 2 of the big 4 .... Ganguly and Laxman hardly have 15 and 12 100s in 103 and 90 tests respectively and avg in 40s, while bating down the order. Once in a while, they do come up with good perfos but it's usually the same old story like in Melbourne, the last inning at Sydney [though umpiring was bad], the last inning at Adelaide, and now here .... Absolute crap

Look at the batting scores from #4 onwards 0, 24, 39, 16, 3, 0, 0, 4 .... pathetic display

And pull marks to SA for pulling things back .... exceptional performance

Raghav

wow... this pitch is in fact a bad one. I honestly expected it to take turn around days 4 and 5 but this is a real disgrace......... Maybe the unseasonal rainfall for about 10 days played its part but this is unacceptable. Leave a bit of grass on, convince Kumble to play Pathan instead of one of the batters and we will still have a winning combination, as far as I am concerned......
too late to learn

paddy11

Cricket Spectator
Does anyone know what the record is for the slowest hundred.?
Dravid taking the same no of balls to get to a hundred that sehwag took to get to a triple.
That shows the brilliance of sehwag's innings or the mediocrity of dravid's innings.
If it was mediocre he wouldn't of scored a hundred. I'd rather he scores at a strike rate of 40 for a long while and holds up an end than get out playing a stupid shot.

ret

International Debutant
If it was mediocre he wouldn't of scored a hundred. I'd rather he scores at a strike rate of 40 for a long while and holds up an end than get out playing a stupid shot.
Are you implying that to play at a higher strike-rate, one has to play stupid shots?

Woodster

International Captain
South Africa fought there way back well on day 4, and ending the day on 130 odd for one will have eased any worries they may have had. The draw is now almost certain.

The pitch looks to have everything in the favour of the batsmen, but don't let that take anything away from the fantastic innings Sehwag played. Only the third man to pass three hundred twice, and despite his slight technical glitches, he knows his style and is true to the way he plays.

I expected Dravid to be a little more positive, especially when they had lost very few wickets and while he was on strike the game appeared to be going nowhere, fast. He did try and up the ante a touch, but he did need much more positive intent for me to try and force a result in this game.

Tendulkar played like he was the man that had been batting on it for the entire previous day. The guy is an undoubted master, but even he has to watch a few go by and play himself in to a degree, as averse to chasing wide balls that move away from him from the first ball he faces.

Thought Steyn came back impressively and I admire his attitude, despite the absolute deadness of the track he was still releasing the ball at around 90mph, and not settling for steady line and length. Got his rewards in the end with an improved spell in the baking afternoon sun.

masterblaster

International Captain
This match has got no where to go. It has been a woeful pitch and a pretty ordinary game apart from the efforts of Amla, Sehwag and Dravid. I have fears that Ahmedabad will also be a batting paradise and may also churn out a draw. Hope that pitch offers something to the bowlers.

Sanz

Hall of Fame Member
Bhajji being an idiot for pointing to SreeSanth after stopping a ball. RP is crap as usual he has been in this test.