• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** South Africa in India

sideshowtim

Banned
Rahul was, and is the mainstay of the team,the skeptics have a goldfish memory,so no point in caring what they say. Its sad that RD has to take all this crap whenever he is going through anything less than a purple patch...
So just because he's in bad form makes it OK for him to bat in a way that is detrimental to the team's cause? If he is not capable of scoring quicker than 35 he should hit out or get out. Completely selfish stuff.

duffer

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Great session for South Africa though. They eliminated a lot of the width we were getting yesterday and fielded exceptionally. India need to dominate this session to force the issue in this match. As it stands South Africa would be feeling okay about what's to come.

Cevno

Hall of Fame Member
If dravid plays like this in the IPL.
Then I can see fielders deliberately dropping his catches to keep him out in the middle.

biased indian

International Coach
So just because he's in bad form makes it OK for him to bat in a way that is detrimental to the team's cause? If he is not capable of scoring quicker than 35 he should hit out or get out. Completely selfish stuff.
His Career SR is 42 and he is going at 37...if he had gone at what he had done all his career it will be just 13 extra runs...

R_D

International Debutant
We've lost all our momentum. Deadset standstill stuff now.

I don't see how we're not allowed to criticise Rahul for his knck this innings 24(75) this session.
Yeah... reminisces of the Eng series from Dravid there... probaly not as bad as that last match but comes close. I hope Kumble asks rest of the batsman to come out and pick up the scoring pace a little.

biased indian

International Coach
If dravid plays like this in the IPL.
Then I can see fielders deliberately dropping his catches to keep him out in the middle.
Rahul Dravid Career Strike Rates

Test -->42

ODI -->72

T20 -->128

he knows his cricket please leave him alone....and don't worry if he do bat another 20 overs i can guarantee you his SR will be near 50 for this inngs

Cevno

Hall of Fame Member
His Career SR is 42 and he is going at 37...if he had gone at what he had done all his career it will be just 13 extra runs...

His career strike rate is 42 but it is the situation that matters.
India needs quick runs to build on sehwag's brilliance ,so at this moment batting below career strike rate is not good enough.
India almost cannot loose from the position they were in the morning and the need was for quick runs but dravid even slowed down further from what he was doing yesterday.
Just look at ganguly and sachin ,they sacrificed themselves for the teams cause.

Btw,keppler wessels saying that dravid cost sachin and sehwag there wickets which i think is bit over the top.

Dasa

International Vice-Captain
****, criticising Dravid for his strike rate? It's a Test match, not a Twenty20. Really stupid to say that Dravid batting slowly has cost anyone their wicket - they're professionals ffs, they know what to do out there and won't be affected by Dravid batting at his own pace.

Cevno

Hall of Fame Member
Rahul Dravid Career Strike Rates

Test -->42

ODI -->72

T20 -->128

he knows his cricket please leave him alone....and don't worry if he do bat another 20 overs i can guarantee you his SR will be near 50 for this inngs
He has not played a t20 international mate.Do not give me domestic stats.
His strike rate should have been arround 50 already.

Btw,i am not doubting his career but just this innings.

biased indian

International Coach
His career strike rate is 42 but it is the situation that matters.
India needs quick runs to build on sehwag's brilliance ,so at this moment batting below career strike rate is not good enough.
India almost cannot loose from the position they were in the morning and the need was for quick runs but dravid even slowed down further from what he was doing yesterday.
Just look at ganguly and sachin ,they sacrificed themselves for the teams cause.

Btw,keppler wessels saying that dravid cost sachin and sehwag there wickets which i think is bit over the top.
ok according to you waht would have been the ideal score now..??

and wht would be the ideal score and time at which india would declare their inngs ??

NZTailender

I can't believe I ate the whole thing
****, criticising Dravid for his strike rate? It's a Test match, not a Twenty20. Really stupid to say that Dravid batting slowly has cost anyone their wicket - they're professionals ffs, they know what to do out there and won't be affected by Dravid batting at his own pace.
AWTA.

biased indian

International Coach
He has not played a t20 international mate.Do not give me domestic stats.
His strike rate should have been arround 50 already.

Btw,i am not doubting his career but just this innings.
i thought IPL was a domestic T20 competiton sorry

Cevno

Hall of Fame Member
If everybody in the indian team plays at their own strikerates then the innings strike rate would not be more than 3.3 and the match would be a tame draw without any chance of winning.