• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** South Africa in India

duffer

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
And Wasim gone now. Harris finally tosses it up and he gets it to bounce and turn a bit.

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
I don't think he is special or solid. He struggled in RSA too, except on that flat track in Cape Town and even in England, he didn't look as comfortable as Karthik did. But he is a good player once he gets going, juz that sometimes in difficult conditions he has trouble doing that. But I don't think he should be a regular in our line up.

gettingbetter

State Vice-Captain
Sehwag looking good to reach another 150 again. Anyone know if he's been dropped this innings?

Also, Dravid only needs 80 more runs to reach the 10 000 club.

On another note, I hope we are all mature enough not to write Streyn off yet, he has been expensive, but this pitch is terrible, does anyone know how the other grounds are looking? I hope we don't get another run orgy.

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
Anyway, bring on the avatars as this series has all the hallmarks of a disaster for India
Heh.

Next time watch more than one day of cricket (if you even watched) before talking up your Nostradamus like predictions.

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
On another note, I hope we are all mature enough not to write Streyn off yet, he has been expensive, but this pitch is terrible, does anyone know how the other grounds are looking? I hope we don't get another run orgy.
Don't think anyone is suggesting that Steyn isn't a good bowler.

But bowling on a flat deck in India is a hell of a lot different to bowling on the pitches he gets in South Africa at NZ and WI batsman.

duffer

Would love to see Rahul get himself the 80 required to get to 10k.

On another note, what's the deal with Indian TV ads? SRK is in every second commercial.

EDIT: It'll probably take Rahul the bes part of 2 days to get there though. 1(20) looking ridiculously laboured right now.

Last edited:

Manee

Cricketer Of The Year
I don't think he is special or solid. He struggled in RSA too, except on that flat track in Cape Town and even in England, he didn't look as comfortable as Karthik did. But he is a good player once he gets going, juz that sometimes in difficult conditions he has trouble doing that. But I don't think he should be a regular in our line up.
Who's a better option? Gambhir? Chopra?
I think Jaffer is fine for the current Indian home season. He is a classy, stylish batsman in India.

Arjun

Cricketer Of The Year
On another note, what's the deal with Indian TV ads? SRK is in every second commercial.
I don't mind those ads, but that Thums Up ad with Akshay Kumar is dreadful- makes me want to change the channel pronto!

sideshowtim

Banned
Lee did a superb job on the flat pitches this summer, and Steyn is struggling big time. I think this shows why many people rate Lee as the #1 bowler in the world.

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
I think Jaffer is fine for the current Indian home season. He is a classy, stylish batsman in India.
He is and our away tests will be in Sri Lanka, where I expect him to go ok too. But ideally, I want us to play 5 bowlers in such conditions and that is why I feel he shouldn't be in our starting XI.

duffer

Makhaya on and Viru is licking his lips. Highest score by an Indian against the Saffies. Good stuff.

Nutter

U19 Debutant
For someone who probably has about 30% of Tendulkar's technique, Sehwag is just phenomenal especially considering he opens the batting in tests with said 30% of Sachin's technique. And then to average 50+ at a strike rate of 75... boy.

sideshowtim

Banned
For someone who probably has about 30% of Tendulkar's technique, Sehwag is just phenomenal especially considering he opens the batting in tests with said 30% of Sachin's technique. And then to average 50+ at a strike rate of 75... boy.
Mostly does it on flat tracks TBH.

duffer

Welcome :)

I think you're doing him a bit of a disservice. Even is his footwork isn't necessarily great against quicks his balance at time of contact is excellent. He looks like he's become more judicious with when he goes aerial so good signs for an Indian fan.

Rahul however is worrying me, he can't find the gaps even when given plenty of width. Looks like he's lost a lot of his attacking intent.

gettingbetter

State Vice-Captain
Don't think anyone is suggesting that Steyn isn't a good bowler.

But bowling on a flat deck in India is a hell of a lot different to bowling on the pitches he gets in South Africa at NZ and WI batsman.
Lee did a superb job on the flat pitches this summer, and Steyn is struggling big time. I think this shows why many people rate Lee as the #1 bowler in the world.
I know, I was referring to something on a smaller scale as SST touches upon. AFAIC, both are relatively equal, both took wickets in their home countries, Steyn seemed more destructive, but Lee had the better batsmen to bowl at.