• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

A.F.L Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Johnners

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Heh, not the best of rounds for me. I didn't check the teams, 2 of my Midfield didn't even play (McGlynn & Coughlan) and then I forgot to set Cale Morton as an emergency!

Adding to that, LeCras & Gram were quiet, and Adcock was injured in the 3rd or 4th minute of the game....

Josh

International Regular
I'll go in to the tipping comp, seen I've joined no others yet this year; if I'm allowed, of course!

BoyBrumby

Englishman
I highly recommend you watch this game if you want to learn about it though, because it was an example of two coaches trying to out-coach each other. Ross Lyon (the St Kilda coach) used to be a deputy under Paul Roos (the Sydney coach), and he's now head coach (was hired by StK last year).

Plus its a close game which is always fun to watch if you're not used to the sport.

Keep your eye out on Nick Riewoldt, forward for St. Kilda. He's a star, and highly recommended for your Dream Team. But remember Dream Teams are all about possessions (i.e. kicks and handballs) as well as tackles and marks, which don't ALWAYS show how good a player is. For eg. some Dream Team players are really pretty ineffective in matches, whereas some gun backmen get crap all Dream Team points, but are absolute stars of the game (Darren Glass from West Coast and Ben Rutten from Adelaide to name a couple).
Finally got around to watching St Kilda/Swans. Have to admit to being largely clueless still, but was faintly amused by the commentators carping on about it being such a low-scoring game, coming as I do from a football code where 3-0 is considered a dicking. Can't get my head round the breakdown law either; everytime the ball hits the deck a load of blokes pile in & the ref (umpire?) blows up.

Was impressed with a mark the Saints no 23 took early in the 3rd quarter (lad had an east european-sounding name) &, as I've thrown in my lot with Sydney, Barry Hall seems the kind of bloke I can get on board with: big, bald & uncomplicated.

cameeel

International Captain
Code:
2008 CW Tipping - Round 1 (Revised)

Clapo - 6
Jono - 6
Ash Chaulk - 5
Cameeel - 5
D. Hunter - 5
DCYE - 5
Irfan - 5
Matteh - 5
MikeW - 5
Sir. B.I - 5
Voltman - 5
Alternative - 4
Pasag - 4
R_D - 4
Simon - 4
SKD - 4
Vic_Orthodox - 4
BBrumby - 3
Hoggy - 3
Josh - 3
New ZT - 3
Sam_Vimes - 3
Sam_Vimes and Josh are both awarded three points for Round 1

cameeel

International Captain
List of Participants

Alternative
Ash Chaulk
Bbrumby
Cameeel
Clapo
Dark Hunter
DYCE
Hoggy31
Irfan
Josh
Jono
Matteh
MikeW
NZT
Pasag
R_D
Sam_Vimes
Simon
Sir B.I
SKD
Vic_Orth.
Voltman

cameeel

International Captain
Brisbane v Collingwood
Melbourne v Western Bulldogs
Adelaide v West Coast
St. Kilda v Carlton
Fremantle v Hawthorn
Sydney v Pt. Adelaide
Geelong v Essendon
Richmond v Kangaroos

I'm tempted to tip Essendon over Geelong, but on further consideration they'll probably struggle without Lucas.

Status
Not open for further replies.