• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

**Official** England in New Zealand

Days of Grace

International Captain
Mark Richardson making an interesting - if slightly optimistic point:

"Let's say tomorrow was the first day of the test match. Looking at the wicket, it shows no sign of wear and tear, good covering of grass is holding it together. If tomorrow was the first day you would win the toss and bat first and back yourself to score 400."

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
A lot of declaration talk on the commentary...no need at this point, though I secretly (!) think we have enough now. I am an eternal optimist in many ways though :laugh:

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
Mark Richardson making an interesting - if slightly optimistic point:

"Let's say tomorrow was the first day of the test match. Looking at the wicket, it shows no sign of wear and tear, good covering of grass is holding it together. If tomorrow was the first day you would win the toss and bat first and back yourself to score 400."
Possibly rather optimistic, but from our POV that's certainly something we need to take into account.

There's no forecast of rain AFAIK, so it makes no sense to declare earlier than we need to. We simply cannot afford to leave NZ in with a chance if we have the opportunity to not do so.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
Now now, we know what the rules about spamming are... :unsure:

302 lead up. :ph34r:

Seriously, mind, it's encouraging how we're managing to get singles often the last few overs.

superkingdave

Hall of Fame Member
Possibly rather optimistic, but from our POV that's certainly something we need to take into account.

There's no forecast of rain AFAIK, so it makes no sense to declare earlier than we need to. We simply cannot afford to leave NZ in with a chance if we have the opportunity to not do so.
showers tomorrow according to kiwi radio tbh

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
As long as we're not going to lose more than, say, a session, I think we should try and bat for the rest of the day regardless. As you say, still would give us 150+ to bowl them out, which we should be capable of doing if we are serious about winning Test matches!

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
FFS, Vettori oversteps as per usual. 8-) Really annoys me when spinners bowl no-balls and Vettori does it so damn often.

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
Didn't know that was a pet hate of yours Rich :ph34r:

Also, where's Brumby? Must be getting pissed, the bastard. He's generally a stalwart of these threads when we play, no?

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
Nah, has hardly posted this series TBH.

Don't blame him if he's out on the lash, though, obv. I would myself but, well, Exeter is **** at the current time on all days bar Mondays.

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
Nah, has hardly posted this series TBH.

Don't blame him if he's out on the lash, though, obv. I would myself but, well, Exeter is **** at the current time on all days bar Mondays.
Isn't this the point where someone normally makes a Tuesday joke, maybe with a :naughty: thrown in? :ph34r: