• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

**Official** England in New Zealand

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
Thought that too.

Oddly, his missus (if that is indeed her) has a very vague resemblence to mine. Quite a bit older, though, naturally.

JHutch

Cricket Spectator
Be interesting to see how pietersen does here - he should be able to play his natural game given the situation

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
This is a rather preferable situation to that of 10 minutes ago.
Good obs dear namesake.

O0o0o0oh, interesting, some suggestion the Oram-Strauss ball might have pitched outside leg. Probably just about close enough tho.

Bell off-the-mark 1st ball.

gettingbetter

State Vice-Captain
Just throwing it out there. Cook is obviously one of the most talented young batsmen in international cricket. If he scores a 100 against NZ, how many more teams and 100s will have to score to complete 100s against all Test playing nations.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
Ah, gb, how nice to see you again.

KPP off-the-mark. Picked the fielder there, well played. Bell almost caught off the leading-edge next ball, and Vettori then misfields.

Magrat Garlick

Global Moderator
Just throwing it out there. Cook is obviously one of the most talented young batsmen in international cricket. If he scores a 100 against NZ, how many more teams and 100s will have to score to complete 100s against all Test playing nations.
Could take a while due to Gordon Brown's stance on England playing Zimbabwe.

Needs tons against SA (hopefully this summer), Bangladesh and Zim.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
Cripes, if we forget Bangladesh and Zim he's really done it, hasn't he?

Quite summat that'd be, should he manage one in the next 4 Tests and the next 4 after that.

gettingbetter

State Vice-Captain
Ah, gb, how nice to see you again.

KPP off-the-mark. Picked the fielder there, well played. Bell almost caught off the leading-edge next ball, and Vettori then misfields.
Thanks Rich, I'm always on, just reading though. My appetitie for posting has decreased now I am back at uni. But when one of my favourite players is closing in on making history, I have to proclaim it to all CWers.

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
Time for KP to come to the party tbh. He has never gone more than 1 series without a ton before, now is no time to start

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
Time for KP to come to the party tbh. He has never gone more than 1 series without a ton before, now is no time to start
Looks like he might possibly have been lucky to get away with one there. Possibly. Still looks possible that there was an inside-edge there tho.