• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

**Official** England in New Zealand

Nate

You'll Never Walk Alone
Awesome cricket from Martin. The last one swung in stacks, forcing Bell to play at this one, it swings in and seams away, gun take by McCullum.

Carn New Zealand. :)

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
If England don't get the ball to swing like NZ have they're finished in this series. So much rests on Sidebottom. Why the %$£& was Hoggard dropped? FFS.

Collingwood hit on the shoulder 1st ball. Not the sort of conditions I'd expect him to prosper in, but there's a first time for everything I guess. Never know, too, if Bell can be dropped twice, Collingwood's record with the let-offs has always been pretty good.

meatspx

U19 Cricketer
This looks like a good pitch for bowling, enough bounce that should last for the next 2-3 days and just a little bit of movement off the seam. England will be hoping that the cloud cover stays around too for Sidebottom.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
136/5. Another dire performance.
Well, poor from Pietersen just now and the familiar problems for Strauss and Cook.

Again, though, don't under-credit New Zealand. They've bowled well, for the second time in as many matches.

Smudge

Hall of Fame Member
Looks like O'Brien has taken the selectors' snubbing of him in his stride, according to Facebook.

Iain O'Brien
is still moody, grumpy and despondent, but is looking forward to a day of cricket... on the telly!!
Updated 3 hours ago

Pratters

Cricket, Lovely Cricket
Well, poor from Pietersen just now and the familiar problems for Strauss and Cook.

Again, though, don't under-credit New Zealand. They've bowled well, for the second time in as many matches.
They have bowled good lines but haven't been that threatening. I am not discrediting New Zealand. It is very much dire how England keeps having batting failures, and I would call it just that here. I expected you to respond trying to defend England here but really, the English haven't left much to write home about.

Last edited:

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
They have bowled good lines but haven't been that threatening. I am not discrediting New Zealand. It is very much dire how England keeps having batting failures, and I would call it just that here. I expected you to respond trying to defend England here but really, the English hasn't left much to write home about.
I'm not saying there's no fault - as I say, Pietersen's was very poor, Cook and Strauss was a case of same-old-same-old and particularly in Strauss' case I'm more than sick of it.

But it's not been all about England's paucity, Oram especially has bowled superbly. Should've had 3-for. He certainly has threatened - he's been utterly menacing.

Ambrose looking OK so far, but that's Tea. Fairly obvious England winning the 1st session by a mile, NZ winning the 2nd by about the same margin.

Pratters

Cricket, Lovely Cricket
I'm not saying there's no fault - as I say, Pietersen's was very poor, Cook and Strauss was a case of same-old-same-old and particularly in Strauss' case I'm more than sick of it.

But it's not been all about England's paucity, Oram especially has bowled superbly. Should've had 3-for. He certainly has threatened - he's been utterly menacing.

Ambrose looking OK so far, but that's Tea. Fairly obvious England winning the 1st session by a mile, NZ winning the 2nd by about the same margin.
The failure of batsmen of not being able to make the big runs after they are set is a genuine problem which needs to be looked at.