• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

**Official** England in New Zealand

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
Decision to select Gillespie over Patel dire one feels.
Gillespie's bowled some awesome balls, in amongst some rubbish. The fact Vettori hasn't yet bowled tends to suggest seam > spin. And with the ball still swinging, plenty, after 40 overs, he's got a lot to offer.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
You're being far from polite to me (as ever...), so I see no reason to be polite to you.

Last edited:

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
Nah. Need Turbs here tbh.
Ah, just read the URL. Cannot stand Black Eyed Peas at the best of times, and that was a truly woeful song.

In any case - "the love" has never been there between myself and grecian. Can't stand the way he talks as if with authority about my thoughts while rarely having a clue.

Last edited:

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
ohhhh, ffs England, stop letting the bowlers dominate, it's torture.
Yeah, be so much better to throw the wickets away and get it over with, wouldn't it... if the ball is swinging, which it is, playing shots to much other than Half-Volleys, Long-Hops and leg-stump balls is almost always a recipe for disaster.

Pietersen playing well here, for my money. Question is whether he can keep it going, which is not something he's excelled at in recent months.

If they can get to a stage where the ball stops swinging and seaming, then we can start to think about playing some shots.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
Unfair. Oram bowled really, really, really well. Was extremely unlucky not to have 3-for-nothing.

Dick Rockett

International Vice-Captain
"He doesn't look a thing like Jeeeeesuuuuuuuus, but he, has two quick wickets here, someone give him a beer,
It's Jaaaaacob Ooooooraaaaaammmmmmmm"
:laugh:

On a totally different note, congrats to Haakon for getting his comments published on cricinfo. Being from Norway helps, no doubt :p

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
:laugh: Aussome.
CricInfo said:
Haakon Moerk writes in from Norway. "On a random note, Daniel Vettori is probably the only Test cricketer to share his surname with an Olympic ski jumping gold medallist (Ernst)." We like random notes.
Pietersen playing a couple of decent shots there. Let's hope he doesn't get carried-away.

Nate

You'll Never Walk Alone
Amazing cricket there. Martin with some ridiculous huge late inswing, and Bell off-drives for four. Wow.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
Well, that let-off for Bell wasn't too costly, and McCullum himself makes amends. Bet Bell along with Oram now wishes he'd been caught 1st time. Poor shot for the catch, nothing wrong with the shot for the drop.