• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

**Official** England in New Zealand

TT Boy

Hall of Fame Member
Just read that Paul Collingwood has a grade one hamstring tear and is a major doubt for the first test.

Incidentally, play has resumed and the New Zealanders have taken their total pass 200.

Tim

Cricketer Of The Year
I reckon Elliott could grab a spot on the tour to England if he makes a good contribution with the bat today.

HeathDavisSpeed

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Tim, I'm finding your avatar highly disturbing. Is this chap an Emo from Panic! At the Disco or is it Brian Molko or Richie Edwards?

TT Boy

Hall of Fame Member
Sinclair closing in on half a ton and Harmison’s figures are an absolute disgrace. Warm up games might mean Jack **** in the grand scheme of it all but I naturally assume getting smashed by some of your likely opponents next week isn't ideal preparation.

Tim

Cricketer Of The Year
How
Bell
Fulton
Fleming
Sinclair
Oram
McCullum
Vettori
Mills
O'Brien
Martin

I'm not sure whether Fulton will be at #3 but I think those will be the 11 starters anyway. Grant Elliott might even sneak in ahead of O'Brien and bat below McCullum. But I think O'Briens recent performance will get him selected.

TT Boy

Hall of Fame Member
Sinclair closing in on half a ton and Harmison’s figures are an absolute disgrace. Warm up games might mean Jack **** in the grand scheme of it all but I naturally assume getting smashed by some of your likely opponents next week isn't ideal preparation.
Bit better now, Elliot gone.

TT Boy

Hall of Fame Member
How
Bell
Fulton
Fleming
Sinclair
Oram
McCullum
Vettori
Mills
O'Brien
Martin

I'm not sure whether Fulton will be at #3 but I think those will be the 11 starters anyway. Grant Elliott might even sneak in ahead of O'Brien and bat below McCullum. But I think O'Briens recent performance will get him selected.
He qualified quickly, I can still remember Elliot playing provincial cricket.

Last edited:

Tim

Cricketer Of The Year
Yeah I reckon Elliott has probably completed his 3 years residency now and is available.

TT Boy

Hall of Fame Member
Yeah I reckon Elliott has probably completed his 3 years residency now and is available.
He last played in South Africa over five years ago (wow that long ago) according to Cricket Archive, so he should easily be qualified.

Incidentally, how are fellow South Africans Kruger van Wyk and Johann Myburgh doing (domestically)?

Tim

Cricketer Of The Year
Myburgh is keen on playing for NZ but he's got another 2 years to go. He's had a mixed season. Looks very good, but also inconsistent at this stage. Might come good next year.

Kruger van Wyk captains Canterbury and he looks like a solid player but I doubt he'll ever go further in terms of playing for New Zealand.