• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Non Test Playing Nations!!!

Which Non Test Playing Nation Do U Support?

• Total voters

laksh_01

State Vice-Captain
So Malaysia U19 Upset Zimbabwe U19 today...

Not So good news for Non Test Playing Nations as World Cup 2011 is Reduced to:

14 Teams divided into 2 groups of seven each. Top 4 from each group> playing Knockout Quarter Finals> Semi Final> Final.

Wat do u think about this?

andruid

Cricketer Of The Year
So Malaysia U19 Upset Zimbabwe U19 today...

Not So good news for Non Test Playing Nations as World Cup 2011 is Reduced to:

14 Teams divided into 2 groups of seven each. Top 4 from each group> playing Knockout Quarter Finals> Semi Final> Final.

Wat do u think about this?
Has it been made official? Why those !!!:mad: Well I oughta :ranting:

Magrat Garlick

Global Moderator
Has it been made official? Why those !!!:mad: Well I oughta :ranting:
http://content-uk.cricinfo.com/ci-icc/content/current/story/338069.html

Apparently not quite official, but it seems like they only need the rubber stamp from the ICC Board (minus the two Associate members of said Board.)

Must admit the proposal looks monumentally boring. Essentially no reward for finishing anywhere between first and fourth in the group.

Intriguingly, it also increases the amount of minnow matches: 24 between Full Members and Associates, 6 between Associates; at the last world cup there were 20 between Full and Associates, and 2 between Associates, even given Ireland's progress.

Last edited:

Chemosit

First Class Debutant
A very sad day for cricket indeed.

The ICC are always so keen on fining players for bringing the game into disrepute, someone should sue them, as surely no one has done so much to balls up the game than they have.

What a bunch of $#%!$%! (insert the most offensive term you can think of).

laksh_01

State Vice-Captain
It Is surely a sad day...

1) If U don't want Associates or under level teams to win games then why does ICC wanna expend the game?

2) They can play the tournament only with Top 8 Teams.

3) Losing the game to minnows is the mistake of the giants, U can't punish the minnows for winning.

4) The Success of Ireland is one of the best parts of 2007 World Cup but now U blaming them for that?

5) So now if there are upsets in 2011 World Cup am sure the ICC will plan the 2015 World Cup with ony 10 Teams. Come on guys learn to encourage the teams that have come so far.

6) Cricket will never expand this way, expecting 100+ countries to aim for only 4 slots in the World Cup?

ICC IS KILLING THE HOPES OF DEVELOPING NATIONS, HOPE THEY LEARN FROM THEIR MISTAKES BEFORE THEY APPROVE THE TOURNAMENT...

Last edited:

laksh_01

State Vice-Captain
I hate the idea of reducing the teams. If at all that is approved ill give my next best thought:

Change The present WCQ into DIV 1 & top 6 from there play a seperate WCQs with 2 least ranked test playing nations (6+2) Top 6 from that tournament should qualify for the 2011 WC… So the associates will atleast gain valuble experience before the World Cup…

Example:

Top 6 from Div 1 (At present WCQ), UAE:
1) Kenya
2) Ireland
3) Scotland
4) Namibia
5) UAE
6) Netherlands

To>>>

New 2010 WCQs:
1) Bangladesh
2) Zimbabwe
3) Kenya
4) Ireland
5) Scotland
6) Namibia
7) Netherlands
8) UAE

Top 6 from here qualify to 2011 WC...

Openions Pls???

Chemosit

First Class Debutant
I like the idea - if it does come to a reduction in teams. Would like to see the current top 10 Assoc + 2 Test sides in the qualifier though. That still keeps alive the model of the WCL that allows developing nations to climb the ladder as they improve.

It gives the Associates the chance to beat the two betrayers who voted against them. I can't see it happening because the big boys look after themselves, but it would be so sweet if Zim and Bang were made to play in this and lost.

Imagine the perfect Scenario:
New 2010 WCQs:
1) Bangladesh
2) Zimbabwe
3) Kenya
4) Ireland
5) Scotland
6) Namibia
7) Netherlands
8) UAE
9) Canada
10) Bermuda
11) Uganda
12) Denmark

Top 6 from here qualify to 2011 WC say
Kenya
Ireland
Scotland
Namibia
Netherlands
Uganda

Then enough of these teams play well and pull off upsets in the World Cup and eliminate India and Pakistan in the first round anyway.

I have probably got more chance of winning lotto, but it would restore my belief in Karma.

andruid

Cricketer Of The Year
I content that The ICC ODI championship table should be expanded to include all teams that have ever participated in a World Cup qualifier with the top 16 at the end of every 4 year cycle progressing to the World Cup.

slugger

State Vice-Captain
making it 14 teams seems a little unfair to the associates 2 losing out.. i think the real problem with 16 is the pools end up being to small 4X4 that means if there is an upset as which did happen in the last wc it has a profound effect to the competition, freakily this happend twice eg. Ire, bang.

these only 2 options

option 1. 2X8 (16) and to lighten the number of games make it the top 3 of each pool progess to create the super 6. each team only playing the other 3 from the opposite pool. the 4 top create semi 1 vs 3, 2 vs 4 / then final

the final 2 teams have played a total of 12 games

option 2. 3x5 (15) and to lighten the number of games make it the top 2 of each pool progess to create the super 6. each team only playing the other 2 from the opposite pools. the 4 top create semi 1 vs 3, 2 vs 4 / then final

the final 2 teams have played a total of 10 games

andruid

Cricketer Of The Year
making it 14 teams seems a little unfair to the associates 2 losing out.. i think the real problem with 16 is the pools end up being to small 4X4 that means if there is an upset as which did happen in the last wc it has a profound effect to the competition, freakily this happend twice eg. Ire, bang.

these only 2 options

option 1. 2X8 (16) and to lighten the number of games make it the top 3 of each pool progess to create the super 6. each team only playing the other 3 from the opposite pool. the 4 top create semi 1 vs 3, 2 vs 4 / then final

the final 2 teams have played a total of 12 games

option 2. 3x5 (15) and to lighten the number of games make it the top 2 of each pool progess to create the super 6. each team only playing the other 2 from the opposite pools. the 4 top create semi 1 vs 3, 2 vs 4 / then final

the final 2 teams have played a total of 10 games
I am very sure your option 1 was what they did in 2003 but we all know what happened then:laugh:

TT Boy

Hall of Fame Member
Yeah, I wouldn’t be surprised if it does not happen (cricket in South Africa in May:wacko: ) but Manthorp was talking about it like it was set in stone and the groundsman at Kingsmead according to some of the guys over at SuperSport seems to think this is for ‘real’ also.

andruid

Cricketer Of The Year
Does anyone know anything about this?

May 2008
Tri-Series in South Africa (Kenya, RSA & Scotland)

http://www.cricinfo.com/db/FORTHCOMING/FUTURE_TOURS/2008.html

I know there are a couple of mistakes and non-events on that list but South African journalist, Neil Manthorp is under the impression this is happening.
It is not listed on Kenya's Fixture list on Cricinfo either but there were reports of some ODI's being arranged by CRicket Kenya in SA round that time of the year. On the other hand if it turns out to be a none event it is setting a bad precedent for all the few incidents where Non-test teams are chalked into the FTP.

Last edited:

Chemosit

First Class Debutant
Regards the Scotland/Kenya/RSA series in May, the last I heard from CK was that Scotland had pulled out of this, so there would be two games played between RSA and Kenya on Friday 9th and Sunday 11th.

andruid

Cricketer Of The Year
Tikolo shines as Aces win again

Tikolo stokes a materful 108 off 57 deliveries to carry the Eastern Aces to a large total while useful bowling from U19 seamer Nelson Odhiambo, Ramesh Mepani and again Tikolo means Kennedy Obuya's 50 in response fro the Southern Stars is not enough

Obuya, Luseno lead Nomads resurgence

Current Kenya opener David Obuya strokes a 50 setting up the Northern Nomads for a useful foundation which is turned into a useful total for the Nothern Nomads by some late hitting from Thomas Odoyo, While recently recalled Alfred Luseno ripped through the Chief's top order to effectively seal the match.

-Links from cricketeurope.com