• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

**Official** England in New Zealand

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
Haha...oh dear best to archive that topic. :laugh:

Yeh apparently I fooled everyone into thinking I was older? LOL.
Yeah I was amazed when I found you were only 15, though high-class 15-year-olds on this place is certainly not unheard-of at all.

Somerset

Cricketer Of The Year
FFS, consecutive sixes. :blink: To Collingwood too.

Really, what is the point in playing when bowlers just get belted wherever they pitch it? 8-) I hate the game of cricket when you get matches like this.
At least New Zealand are producing pitches that allow high scoring one day matches, compared to the pitches four-five years ago where teams batting first struggled to get past 150 (from a spectator point of view obviously).

O'Brien 0/59 from six.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
At least New Zealand are producing pitches that allow high scoring one day matches, compared to the pitches four-five years ago where teams batting first struggled to get past 150 (from a spectator point of view obviously).

O'Brien 0/59 from six.
This is as bad as 150-plays-120 for mine. Every bit as bad. If, that is, NZ fall in a heap.

Cricket is supposed to be about a balance between bat and ball, not nothing but dominance from one or the other.

Somerset

Cricketer Of The Year
This is as bad as 150-plays-120 for mine. Every bit as bad. If, that is, NZ fall in a heap.

Cricket is supposed to be about a balance between bat and ball, not nothing but dominance from one or the other.
As I said though, from an entirely spectatorial point of view, people want to go the cricket to see batsmen score runs and the pitches in New Zealand are generally such that they do now - whereas in the past (especially the Indian series before the 2003 World Cup) games were sometimes wrapped up in 70 overs.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
As I said though, from an entirely spectatorial point of view, people want to go the cricket to see batsmen score runs and the pitches in New Zealand are generally such that they do now - whereas in the past (especially the Indian series before the 2003 World Cup) games were sometimes wrapped up in 70 overs.
People who truly appreciate cricket - rather than seeing the ball battered around the park willy-nilly - hate to see rubbish like this.

I hate it when games are over too quickly too. I don't mind low-scoring, but I don't like to see teams bowled-out in 30 overs. But I hate this probably even more. It's just pointless.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
Sorry, 1 for.

Vettori back on now, realistically he could record his worst ever figures if Pietersen launches - or Collingwood with another half dozen.
Stupid fielding like that not helping either. Gets rid of Pietersen though, FFS why couldn't that have been Collingwood?

Somerset

Cricketer Of The Year
People who truly appreciate cricket - rather than seeing the ball battered around the park willy-nilly - hate to see rubbish like this.

I hate it when games are over too quickly too. I don't mind low-scoring, but I don't like to see teams bowled-out in 30 overs. But I hate this probably even more. It's just pointless.
Trust me though, New Zealand Cricket will by no means be complaining at high scoring encounters after some in the past, and neither will 95% of the spectators.

Vettori strikes with Pietersen's wicket, great comeback after being hit for 6 by Collingwood earlier in the over.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
Would've been six on any ground in the world. Obviously not onto the roof at most but was still big.
Previous post was in jest TBH (hoped I'd exaggerated enough) but I don't really know if comparisons can realistically be made. Things that look big on stupidly small grounds often aren't.