• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

**Official** England in New Zealand

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
NZ in-between overs music is dire. They might as well tune into classic hits FFS.

How bout some ACDC or some hip hop.

The other day there were playing Coronation Street :laugh:
It's interesting. For me, oldies\oldschool >>>>>>>>>>>> 2000s. But some of the stuff they've played isn't classic hits at all, at least, not in this country. Such as America - Heart Of Gold. :huh: Things might have been different in NZ of course.

NZ music choice isn't neccessarily dire for mine, if anything sometimes better, but it's certainly very much unique.

Somerset

Cricketer Of The Year
Pietersen with a few crunching boundaries that over. England look back on track for at least 300 - if KP's still around in the 45th-50th overs, even 320-340 might be on.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
Just heard Vettori was apparently top of those thingy bowler rankings before this game. His last 3 overs have gone for 27. Probably won't still be there after this-un.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
Yeah I'm pretty glad. Mind I don't like what might happen to Mascarenhas. Didn't realise how insanely short the square boundaries were before this game.

Never seemed this way the last 2 times we played here, and I can't remember watching anyone else play here either.

Somerset

Cricketer Of The Year
Just heard Vettori was apparently top of those thingy bowler rankings before this game. His last 3 overs have gone for 27. Probably won't still be there after this-un.
I'd say one bad match won't dent his position too much. Oram tops the allrounders list in ODIs as well now. Incidentally three New Zealand bowlers (Vettori, Bond and Mills) are all in the top 10 in the ODI bowling rankings.

Also with Vettori, he has figures of 0/47 off 7 overs at the monent - the worst in his career in ODIs is 2/71 off 10 against Australia in 2000.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
I'd say one bad match won't dent his position too much. Oram tops the allrounders list in ODIs as well now. Incidentally three New Zealand bowlers (Vettori, Bond and Mills) are all in the top 10 in the ODI bowling rankings.

Also with Vettori, he has figures of 0/47 off 7 overs at the monent - the worst in his career in ODIs is 2/71 off 10 against Australia in 2000.
Ay Soms (presuming you still won't tell me your name :dry:) you're posting more today than any time since your first week?

Haha, O'Brien goes for six 2nd ball after the wicket. That's more what we expect.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
Would be very surprising to see less than 80 off these final 10 overs, but being England you can never say anything with much confidence.

Somerset

Cricketer Of The Year
Ay Soms (presuming you still won't tell me your name :dry:) you're posting more today than any time since your first week?

Haha, O'Brien goes for six 1st ball after the wicket. That's more what we expect.
LOL - my post count is pretty two paced, it either rockets along or stalls remarkably. :happy: Actually a few know (surprised you could remember that though).

England on 239 heading into the last 10. Really 320-340 should be England's aim.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
LOL - my post count is pretty two paced, it either rockets along or stalls remarkably. :happy: Actually a few know (surprised you could remember that though).
I remember very clearly Sammie begging you on your first day. :p

I'm presuming you still haven't posted a pic either. :@ And I only found-out you were 15 at the time a month or so ago. :@

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
FFS, consecutive sixes. :blink: To Collingwood too.

Really, what is the point in playing when bowlers just get belted wherever they pitch it? 8-) I hate the game of cricket when you get matches like this.

Somerset

Cricketer Of The Year
I remember very clearly Sammie begging you on your first day. :p

I'm presuming you still haven't posted a pic either. :@ And I only found-out you were 15 at the time a month or so ago. :@
Haha...oh dear best to archive that topic. :laugh:

Yeh apparently I fooled everyone into thinking I was older? LOL.