• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

**Official** England in New Zealand

Pup Clarke

Cricketer Of The Year
Mustard's batting technique is horrible IMO, such an ugly batsman to watch

EDIT - Cook a good 2 metres from his first 6, shot.

Somerset

Cricketer Of The Year
Wonder if England will manage to slog Vettori on these short square boundaries?
Vettori on now so my prediction came through. He'lll be able to slow the rate down but the other end is the issue. Doubt the smaller square boundaries will be that targetted against Vettori. 40 off his 10 overs without losing a wicket from England's point of view would be a good result.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
Vettori on now so my prediction came through. He'lll be able to slow the rate down but the other end is the issue. Doubt the smaller square boundaries will be that targetted against Vettori. 40 off his 10 overs without losing a wicket from England's point of view would be a good result.
Well, looks like he should've had Mustard there.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
LOL - I thought they only played that track in the rain interuptions?
Well I'd expect that over here (as there's stuff which is played purely for sixes, wickets and even certain batsmen\teams entering the fray) but not really in NZ, where it seems to be "anything goes".

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
Maybe if Cook wasn't about a million yards down the pitch.
Was it Cook? Either way, being million yards down the pitch doesn't change the fact it hit him between wicket and wicket and was almost certainly going on to hit t'stumps. Should've been a raised finger, for mine.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
Don't think O'Brien quite cuts the Mustard at international level.

Not too bad. The pic's a funny-un even if the gaag isn't the best.

Now another run is given away with a needless throw at the stumps. At least it's only off O'Brien's bowling.