• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

**Official** England in New Zealand

NZTailender

I can't believe I ate the whole thing
Saw a picture of Ryder in the paper today. He looked way older than he should be for his age, like he was in his mid thirties.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
Well on Saturday, I'm off to see Canterbury play England in a 50 over match the first of the tour, its played at a venue called the village green, the outfield is fast, the boundaries are small, but the pitch keeps low, should be interesting to see what team England will put out.
I'd guess something like...
Cook
Mustard
Bell
Pietersen
Collingwood
Shah
Bopara \ Wright
Broad
Swann
Sidebottom
Anderson

That's hoping it'll be a proper 11-a-side match, not some 12-plays-16 rubbish. 8-) If it is, I couldn't care less what happens, if it's a proper game here's hoping Mascarenhas gets picked and does well, and Cook and Pietersen to get off to a good start.

Flem274*

123/5
Hope its a full strength Canterbury side though even at full strength the should be beaten, they're not the side they used to be. Their allrounder is a 16 year old U-19 player for example (ableit a good one by the name of Corey Anderson).

FBU

International Debutant
I hear the matches against Canterbury are 13 a side shams. According to Moores anyway.
One is 13 and the other is 12.
---

But New Zealand captain Daniel Vettori has warned Anderson and the rest of the England attack that conditions may not be as friendly as they had hoped.

Over the years, conditions in New Zealand have helped seamers like Anderson. But things are changing, according to Vettori.

"Most seam bowlers enjoy the conditions out here, and I am sure Jimmy Anderson, Ryan Sidebottom and Matthew Hoggard are looking forward to it, but the wickets have got a bit flatter in New Zealand over the last few years," said Vettori.

"It all depends on how they are prepared and what you stumble on on the day."

completeNZer

School Boy/Girl Captain
Yup the decks are roads here these days just look at the chappell-hadlee games in the last 2-3 years and the weather has been drrrrrrry here recently

Raghav

International Vice-Captain
I was just reading Adam Parore's article in NewZealand Herald website about Jessy ... Its really fun filled article about Jessy...

sportychic33

State 12th Man
I was just reading Adam Parore's article in NewZealand Herald website about Jessy ... Its really fun filled article about Jessy...
It was fair I thought, however the camera really does add a few pounds as he looks slightly slimmer in real life though. It was good to see Adam Parore backing upwhat he said rather than just stating it like he did on Radio Sport through out the week.

Silver Arrow

School Boy/Girl Captain
England scored 295/6 off their 50 overs in the One Day warm-up match v Canterbury Wizards in Christchurch

Cook scored 51
Bell 79
Pietersen 48
Wright 42 off 15 balls

Canterbury in reply are 131/2 with Myburgh on 60 and Fulton on 31

Brett Dale

School Boy/Girl Captain
Canterbury Versus England

England look real, polished already, they look like a team ready to start playing a test series. I have just came back from the match, going for the whole second match tomorrow. England batted first and made a massive 295, and the local team are 100/2 in about the 25 over, when I left. On this wicket 295 is amazing, it keeps so low, Pieterson was just superb in his shot selection and timing. Fulton for Canterbury didn't do his NZ Selection any favors, he was quite pathetic in the field, very lazy and looked liked he didn't want to be there, Hindi Bowled brilliantly for the home side.

chalky

International Debutant
England scored 295/6 off their 50 overs in the One Day warm-up match v Canterbury Wizards in Christchurch

Cook scored 51
Bell 79
Pietersen 48
Wright 42 off 15 balls

Canterbury in reply are 131/2 with Myburgh on 60 and Fulton on 31
Looking at the card it sems like England got a decent hit out with most of the top order getting runs. Makes a welcome change from recent tour games.

The score is slightly inflated though as they played 8 batsmen & 5 bowlers.