• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** India in Australia

Laurrz

International Debutant
the inswinger/offcutter will be the good delivery to bowl to him i recn.. surely they studied his dismissal in the 2nd innings at WACA
Sehwag i mean

silentstriker

The Wheel is Forever
I'm assuming Pathan will be opening the bowling for India as well as the batting. When was the last time someone did that in a test match?
SS &/ or Richard might be able to answer that - I don't know.
Pathan did. Pathan opened in the second innings URL="http://content-usa.cricinfo.com/statsguru/engine/match/238187.html"]here[/URL]. And before that, he also did it in the second innings here.

duffer

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Onya Raufy! :laugh:

To be fair to him, the bat hit his pad at about the same time the ball hit pad. Two simultaneous noises saved him there.

Laurrz

International Debutant
Johnson swung one in lol

unlucky to not get that one, chances like that dont come often on wickets like these

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
That looked leg side in real time, but Geez that was plumb wasn't it?

Anyway its interesting that Ravi was the first one to say (on Star Cricket) that Dravid didn't actually hit the ball, but hit his pad. I remember someone calling Shastri a biased commentator, but whilst I think he obviously wants India to win, I've always found him fair and balanced.

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
I hope this doesn't jinx him, but I'd just like to say that this is why Sehwag should always open for India unless there is a solid opening partnership which is in form and doing well.

I didn't mind Sehwag not in for the England (and through that, the Pakistan) test series, but in two tests now he's showed the value of an aggressive start. Sure he'll fail sometimes, but its so much different for Dravid coming in at 1/40 after 10 overs compared to 1/13 after 11 overs.

India weren't under the pump, even after Pathan's dismissal, because some runs were on the board.