• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

**Official** England in New Zealand

superkingdave

Hall of Fame Member
Interesting to see dav back in CC again after... how long?

well if i settle in Melbourne for a while i'll probably be about a bit more..if i get a job i'll be looking for a flat to move into and have a slightly more 'normal' life for a while.

Just a shame i was in NZ at the wrong time...should have gone over for the tour really.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
Are you jammay? No, you're not. So how the **** can you answer whether he has a flag on his aerial or not. You can't.
Right, a few things...

1, I know beyond doubt that he doesn't have a car aerial, because he doesn't drive a car. So I actually can answer.

2, I don't need to be him to know this. People can communicate.

3, don't try and play dumb. You and everyone else knows perfectly well that "Suppose you're the type to drive around with the flag of St George on your car aerial" is a comment which doesn't actually mean anything whatsoever about what you have on your car aerial, it's a metaphor, it means "you're clearly just an overtly patriotic cheerleader". Which, again, he's not. Ergo, you were making false accusations. Ergo, I was pointing-out that you were making false accusations. And again, I don't need to be jammay123 to know you were making false accusations.

Last edited:

Smudge

Hall of Fame Member
Well, all we are to judge him on is his posts. And what I can make for that is that he's an overtly patriotic cheerleader. Whether you like that or not, that's my opinion of him.

Regardless, you were sticking your beak in where it wasn't needed. But that's hardly new ground for you, is it?

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
Well, no actually, I've said there are circumstances under which I would. I'd not think "ah, there's that Matt Smith, let's whack 'im one" - I'm not that way inclined.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
Well, all we are to judge him on is his posts. And what I can make for that is that he's an overtly patriotic cheerleader. Whether you like that or not, that's my opinion of him.
Yes, indeed, and I couldn't really care less what your opinion of him is. Nor, possibly, could he.

The thing of importance is what others think of him, though, and I'd hate to allow you to go giving the masses false impressions. So I won't see it happen without correcting you.
Regardless, you were sticking your beak in where it wasn't needed. But that's hardly new ground for you, is it?
Oh, it wasn't "needed" or "not needed" - you just didn't want me to stick it in. I did want to, though, and this being a public forum, I did.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
It wasn't in this thread, myself and Voltman have a loooooooong history, going back much further than said comment (and far, far more his fault than mine).

The comment was about 4 or 5 months ago, during the time he was banned, and our mutual dislike has been in place for a good 3 years or so now.

vic_orthdox

Global Moderator
Richard and Voltman, can you please cut the petty-ness.

Richard, Voltman has requested you to use his forum name multiple times. Do it.

And stop being so pedantic over Voltman's posts; the majority of the people here see his posts for what they are - lighthearted digs. Just because you have "previous" with him (which you are so keen to advertise) doesn't mean that he has to change his whole posting demeanour towards others.

Last edited:

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
Isn't Richard admin though? :huh:
No, Staff and Administrators\Mods are different.
Richard, Voltman has requested you to use his forum name multiple times. Do it.
Yeah, OK.
And stop being so pedantic over Voltman's posts; the majority of the people here see his posts for what they are - lighthearted digs. Just because you have "previous" with him (which you are so keen to advertise) doesn't mean that he has to change his whole posting demeanour towards others.
Disagree TBH, feel he's very far from lighthearted most of the time - digs by nature tend not to be. Nothing to do with his attitude towards me, I rarely see much difference between his snide comments in my direction and those directed at others.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
And Vincent was more successful against 'test class opposition'.
Well, I don't think he was TBH.

Anyway - will simply say I don't see Vincent being a success as a Test opener, no chance. I don't particularly see Cumming being either, and certainly not How, but I think Bell and Papps are both a decent chance at being, and Bell is now about the right sort of age to be entering his prime, so hopefully he might kick-on.