• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** India in Australia

Johnners

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Nah SST, Symonds has had far more chances etc. than Dravid. Was out about 30 odd times in Sydney, was given 1 wicket. Has already had 1 wicket due to a ridiculous shot, and been dropped in Perth.

The count is about 35 to 7/8 for mine.

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Yeah i am an Australian supporter and that's why i can't stand the sight of Symonds adding to the number of his baggygreens, he is for sure is not a test-standard batsman, but TBH with the kind of predicament we are in atm, i would be more than happy to be proved wrong by him.
Fair dinkum people are hard to please. He's made the most of his chances and the two tons he's scored have been when Australia have been in deep do-do.

If Symonds and Gilchrist bat together for 2 or 3 hours here (and atm that hardly looks likely), it will be pretty entertaining.

Edit: he's as much a test batsman as Flintoff imo, and they're actually pretty similar - ideally probably number 7 is their spot rather than number 6. Symonds' value to the side overall (not just batting) is pretty handy also.

Last edited:

sideshowtim

Banned
Fair dinkum people are hard to please. He's made the most of his chances and the two tons he's scored have been when Australia have been in deep do-do.

If Symonds and Gilchrist bat together for 2 or 3 hours here (and atm that hardly looks likely), it will be pretty entertaining.
I agree. It's hilarious how people get so far up him because of the luck he's had, yet when Dravid has the same amount, or even more luck people simply praise his battling skills and just use it as a reason why he's one of the greatest ever. Ridiculous.

duffer

I reckon these two will ride it out and get Australia close to 330. Dunno why, but I think they will.

pup11

International Coach
Do you think Rogers is better then Symonds?
Not fair to judge Rogers just on the basis on one international knock (and btw he was unlucky to given out), but still Rogers's has a far.. far.. better FC record than Symonds, so yeah i rate Rogers as better bat than Symonds in test cricket, but obviously Symonds is miles ahead of Rogers when it come to limited overs cricket.

Johnners

When Tom Moody decides to stop coaching, I hope he takes up commentating. He's been on the ABC the past 2 days and imo has been fantastic.

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
God, Channel 9 have Graeme Wood on as the "face in the crowd". Just the sight of him will induce a run out here!

Anyone else remember the heady days of he & Rick Darling opening for Australia? Almost as dire as Rogers & Jaques.

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
Not fair to judge Rogers just on the basis on one international knock (and btw he was unlucky to given out), but still Rogers's has a far.. far.. better FC record than Symonds, so yeah i rate Rogers as better bat than Symonds in test cricket, but obviously Symonds is miles ahead of Rogers when it come to limited overs cricket.
I know he has a higher average, doesn't mean he's better for sure.

This is as good as any match though to compare there first class records as Rogers is playing his 105th first class match match, Symonds 210th.

Also, Symonds bowling is a factor even if you don't rate it.

pasag

RTDAS
Thing that annoys me with the weather is that if Australia ground out the first few hours, the heat and fitness of the Indians would have become a major factor and then really Australia could have gone in for the kill.

But like Nufan said, it's good for cricket, good for the series and good for the match. Also it would be silly to write off Australia and we could still have a cracker on our hands if these two can stick around for a while.