• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** India in Australia

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Gilly's pad broke, I think.

That or he brought out 2 right handed gloves :ph34r:

Two moderate 1st innings here could set up a real cracker, coz if Aus get close, most of the runs will need to come from these two, which means they'll probably come pretty quickly.

duffer

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Really hope we're not trying to bounce Gilly out, especially not after how we made the ball talk earlier.

Johnners

Thing that annoys me with the weather is that if Australia ground out the first few hours, the heat and fitness of the Indians would have become a major factor and then really Australia could have gone in for the kill.

But like Nufan said, it's good for cricket, good for the series and good for the match, would be silly to write off Australia and we could still have a cracker on our hands if these two can stick around for a while.
Agreed on that part. They picked the wrong day to basically disrespect the Indian bowling, and it shows on the scorecard. A more circumspect approach would've possibly saved 2 wickets imo (Clarke & Hussey).

Burgey

God, Mark Nicolas "every fielder has to have heightened senses".

Go home you stupid pommie git.

Good stuff from Sharma here.

pup11

International Coach
Fair dinkum people are hard to please. He's made the most of his chances and the two tons he's scored have been when Australia have been in deep do-do.

If Symonds and Gilchrist bat together for 2 or 3 hours here (and atm that hardly looks likely), it will be pretty entertaining.

Edit: he's as much a test batsman as Flintoff imo, and they're actually pretty similar - ideally probably number 7 is their spot rather than number 6. Symonds' value to the side overall (not just batting) is pretty handy also.
Well mate its not about pleasing me or anybody else who thinks Symonds doesn't deserve a place in the test side, its just that he doesn't have the credentials to be a test no.6, the tons you talk about weren't some classic knocks, he got ridiculous number chances en route to making those tons.
I rate him really highly as an Odi player, but he is nowhere near test standard, anyways never rated Freddie as much of test batsman either and in recent times his batting has gone down a further few notches, but Freddie's bowling is good enough for him to secure his spot in the side, but that's hardly something that can be said about Symonds.

Last edited:

Burgey

Well mate its not about pleasing me or anybody else who thinks Symonds doesn't deserve a place in the test side, its just that he doesn't the credentials to be a test no.6, the tons you talk about weren't some classic knocks, he got ridiculous number chances en route to making those tons.
I rate him really highly as an Odi player, but he is nowhere near test standard, anyways never rated Freddie as much of test batsman either and i recent times his batting gone down a further few notches, but Freddie's bowling is good enough for him to secure his spot in the side.
I take your point, but I think he's gotten better. Certainly his playing of spin seems to have improved recently.
Edit: hilarioius how that ball spun to miss the stumps. Were Symonds any luckier he'd be Ian Botham.

pup11

International Coach
I take your point, but I think he's gotten better. Certainly his playing of spin seems to have improved recently.
Edit: hilarioius how that ball spun to miss the stumps. Were Symonds any luckier he'd be Ian Botham.
Now i am sure he practices black magic! :ph34r:
How can a guy have all the luck in the world going his way??

duffer

I knew a girl from Uni who said she practices Wicka. See what she can do to sort this guy out.

Burgey

Now i am sure he practices black magic! :ph34r:
How can a guy have all the luck in the world going his way??
In the current climate mate, I wouldn't be specifying the colour of Symonds' magic !! :ph34r:\

This shows the value of taking your catches. That 80-odd Dravid got after Clarke dropped him may well prove crucial here.