• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** India in Australia

Laurrz

International Debutant
Haha, shows why I shouldn't be an umpire. When I saw that live, I thought he got an inside edge on it, and I also thought it was going about a foot over the stumps. Might still have been a tad high but it certainly wasn't the shocking decision I thought first up.
exactly what i thought

mm great over there Fraz..

Top_Cat

Request Your Custom Title Now!
I think the Aussies are making the mistake of trying to bowl to Pathan like a tail-ender. He's a bit better than that. Bowl to him like a batsman and they'd have a better chance I reckon.

Ikki

Hall of Fame Member
The average is the key issue here, though. Yes Clark has had to compete with with the other bowlers but he's obviously still bowled very, very well because his average is phenomenal at around 20. The whole 'Lee had to compete for wickets' as an excuse for not taking more wickets falls over when you see he averaged 30+ for that time. He wasn't bowling all that well pre-2005.
Actually, the SR is the key issue here. Lee takes plenty of wickets per balls bowled. He is sub 50 in SR now. Pretty amazing as it looks likely to fall even more on this kind of form.

The funny fact is that Clark has an even lower SR than Lee and HE doesn't have 6 wickets in an inning either.

Real reason comes down to strong support. That doesn't necessary exonerate him as others have gotten 6+ wickets in an innings, and often when either Warne and McGrath weren't bowling, but it shouldn't be overlooked. You do tend to need that bit of luck to turn that 5 wickets into 6+.

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
95.5 Clark to Kumble, no run, fuller length delivery on the middle and leg, drifting into the pads sharply, Kumble closes the face of the bat and whips it to square leg, in the air and falls inches short of the diving fielder, Phil Jacques the man demnies straightaway that it didn't carry, look at the difference one test match makes!

Lol, would it have been claimed by others, or just obviously not out?

Top_Cat

Request Your Custom Title Now!
95.5 Clark to Kumble, no run, fuller length delivery on the middle and leg, drifting into the pads sharply, Kumble closes the face of the bat and whips it to square leg, in the air and falls inches short of the diving fielder, Phil Jacques the man demnies straightaway that it didn't carry, look at the difference one test match makes!

Pretty prattish comment considering the Aussies turn down plenty of chances too. Ponting did in the last Test for crying out loud and I would NEVER have backed him to do so.

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
I think the Aussies are making the mistake of trying to bowl to Pathan like a tail-ender. He's a bit better than that. Bowl to him like a batsman and they'd have a better chance I reckon.
I agree. The same goes for Kumble as well, abeit to a lesser degree. They aren't bunnies.

Prince EWS

Global Moderator

Without naming any names, there's a few around in world cricket I think would have claimed that.

LongHopCassidy

International Captain

Depends if it was 2nd or 5th day, for mine. Would expect the same conduct (Ponting's at Sydney) from any player of any team in the same situation, and if they chose to act sportingly it'd be a bonus rather than the unrealistic expectation.

Laurrz

International Debutant

lol what a typical comment from cricinfo or whatever

anyway

ROGERSSSSSSSSSSSS

Johnners

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Haha ffs the cricinfo blokes cant even spell his name right, IT'S ****ING PHIL JA(please note there are no C's here)QUES!!!!!!!

Clark! gun