• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** India in Australia

duffer

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
I would like to see Ishant Sharma do well..everyone underrates him.
One of my work mates said Ish reminded him of Asif when he first played at Sydney and he got slated for it. I think everyone sees a lot of potential in him but at the same time aren't sure whether he's Test ready, or ready enought to trouble Australia.

Irfan cutting loose now!

Last edited:

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
India slightly in front imo. The weather won't suit the Aussie batsman too much either, so India in a good position.
Its funny because if Australia were in this position people would be saying "Australia well on top". Its all a matter of perspective.

Its just like at the end of day 1 Boxing Day people were saying it was even keel, despite the fact that Australia were 9 down. End of Day 1 here, India only 6 down with like 20-30 runs less on the board, and its Australia's day.

IMO day 1 Boxing Day was India's, and day 1 WACA was Australia's, but its just interesting seeing the different perspectives.

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
I agree, he's not pretty to watch in test match cricket. It'd be hypocritical of me to praise him yet hate on Symonds.

But refer to above. When he plays his no feet slammer shots and it comes off people go "Wow, so good". Then when he gets out that way he's slayed.
Is it the same people doing the praising and the slaying though, or are there merely two groups of people who comment on different things? I couldn't imagine myself or SS waxing lyrical over Dhoni hitting a massive six, for example, but we'd sure be in here to comment if he got out trying to hit when the situation didn't call for it. Similarly, I couldn't imagine haroon blasting Dhoni if he got out, but he'd in here talking him up if he pulled it off. Hence you'll see both sets of comments.

I know your comment was more directed to those in mainstream media, but the example still stands, as you have your haroons and your silentstrikers amongst those you were referring to as well.

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
Is it the same people doing the praising and the slaying though, or are there merely two groups of people who comment on different things? I couldn't imagine myself or SS waxing lyrical over Dhoni hitting a massive six, for example, but we'd sure be in here to comment if he got out trying to hit when the situation didn't call for it. Similarly, I couldn't imagine haroon blasting Dhoni if he got out, but he'd in here talking him up if he pulled it off. Hence you'll see both sets of comments.

I know your comment was more directed to those in mainstream media, but the example still stands, as you have your haroons and your silentstrikers amongst those you were referring to as well.
Talking about commentators and Cricinfo commentator writers. You're right about CW.

What really gets me is Cricinfo writing "BANG - what a shot. Dhoni just belts that to the boundary with a swat like bat maneouver". Then next ball "Oh my, no feet, edges straight to the keeper of a good length ball. The captain won't be happy with Dhoni's shot there".

I mean like what the hell? :confused:

Captain Cricket

State Vice-Captain
Yes it was my idea for him to be dropped but while he's playing he might as well do well. India have a future ahead of them i.e. Ghambir and Sharma.

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
Talking about commentators and Cricinfo commentator writers. You're right about CW.

What really gets me is Cricinfo writing "BANG - what a shot. Dhoni just belts that to the boundary with a swat like bat maneouver". Then next ball "Oh my, no feet, edges straight to the keeper of a good length ball. The captain won't be happy with Dhoni's shot there".

I mean like what the hell? :confused:
Yeah, hence my second paragraph. Amongst commentators and cricinfo writers, you'll have your haroon-type characters and your SS-type characters who will chime in when they feel necessary. If it's the same guys, you have a point, but I think it might just be a difference of opinions and outlooks.

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
Yeah, hence my second paragraph. Amongst commentators and cricinfo writers, you'll have your haroon-type characters and your SS-type characters who will chime in when they feel necessary. If it's the same guys, you have a point, but I think it might just be a difference of opinions and outlooks.
Oh sorry I misunderstood what you're saying.

You're right I guess, Cricinfo commentators will have different tastes/views as well. Didn't think of that. :)

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
Btw, I would have bet my life on Clark getting Dhoni. I was about to post it here. And what happens? Clark gets Dhoni.

Knew it.

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
GONE! Good stuff Clark.
Haha, shows why I shouldn't be an umpire. When I saw that live, I thought he got an inside edge on it, and I also thought it was going about a foot over the stumps. Might still have been a tad high but it certainly wasn't the shocking decision I thought first up.

Laurrz

International Debutant
is it just me or is it looking more of a bouncy pitch than on session 2 on day 1? when Tendulkar and Dravid were batting? was it because those batsmen made it look less bouncy....

strange lol..

Top_Cat

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Clark with YET ANOTHER first over of the day/spell wicket. Geez, he's not bad is he?

Ponting should just bring him on for one over spells at ten random points during the day.