• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** India in Australia

duffer

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Anyone who thinks Stevie should be standing at Perth is having a laugh surely?

Shauno bowling at around 150 into the wind. Would love to see the heat he can get with it at his back.

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Anyone who thinks Stevie should be standing at Perth is having a laugh surely?

Shauno bowling at around 150 into the wind. Would love to see the heat he can get with it at his back.
He's not the umpire he was, but it sets a hell of a precedent though.

In 2005 we copped some shockers, principally from Bowden, in England. Is it now ok to bitch about an umpire and get him removed from the next test? If it is, they'll need shed loads more umpires than the 8 or so on the panel atm.

duffer

He's not the umpire he was, but it sets a hell of a precedent though.

In 2005 we copped some shockers, principally from Bowden, in England. Is it now ok to bitch about an umpire and get him removed from the next test? If it is, they'll need shed loads more umpires than the 8 or so on the panel atm.
You must've been away when CW was almost broked with the bickering that went on here? The arguments been done to death now.

To sum up my feelings on the issue, I think the right decision was made but the circumstances in which they had to come to the decision were unsavoury. At the end of the day though the right thing was done.

Top_Cat

From Cricinfo;

27.2 Lee to Dravid, no run, oh Clarke's dropped it! Dravid goes fishing way outside off stump, gets a thick outside edge, very late into the shot as the ball comes onto him quickly, but Pup drops it at second slip, squeezing at it as he moves to his left and spills a sitter!
Like I said, Clarke should not be in slips. Get him out of there, put Rogers in. Great ground fielder and has an awesome arm but doesn't seem to be a natural slipper as he shelled a few.

chalky

International Debutant
Clarke drops a sitter but looked like another no ball from Lee judging by the last replay I saw.

It's inevitable Lee is going to get (or not) more wickets with no balls in this series as he is just so close to the front line each delivery. The question is I suppose will the umpire call it.

burr

State Vice-Captain
Did anyone here the radio when Roebuck first came on? I really want to know if he tried to defend himself and if any of the radio comms had the guts to take him to task b/c I bet you most didn’t agree with him.

sideshowtim

Banned
Amazing...I don't think I can recall one innings by Dravid in Tests this tour in which he has not been dropped or dismissed off a no ball...and yet his highest score is 50 something...Really a black mark on him if he can't capitalise and score a big century here.

Burgey

From Cricinfo;

Like I said, Clarke should not be in slips. Get him out of there, put Rogers in. Great ground fielder and has an awesome arm but doesn't seem to be a natural slipper as he shelled a few.
Does he field there for WA?

Johnners

Did anyone here the radio when Roebuck first came on? I really want to know if he tried to defend himself and if any of the radio comms had the guts to take him to task b/c I bet you most didn’t agree with him.
Don't think he's been on yet...

burr

State Vice-Captain
Anyone hear Richie suggest that Steve Bucknor was eating lunch back in Jamaica, with sacrificial lamb at the top of the menu?

I guess we know how he feels now.
Classic Richie. I loved it. :happy: Richie's actually in good form today.

Is this wicket actually that fast? Bit over-hyped I reckon. I'm dissapointed.